Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone Sound Gone

• 11-02-2009 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

None of my ringtones, keyboard clicks, ipod song, lock/unlock sounds, etc are working on my iPhone 3G.

Only started happening today.

Tried restoring it but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Not to sound like a jackass, but have you tried toggling the silent/loud switch above the volume buttons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Minto wrote: »
    Not to sound like a jackass, but have you tried toggling the silent/loud switch above the volume buttons?

Ya several times, loud switch is on and volume up at full :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

None of my ringtones, keyboard clicks, ipod song, lock/unlock sounds, etc are working on my iPhone 3G.

Only started happening today.

Tried restoring it but it didn't make any difference.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried to change them by any chance?

You will find a lot of info at

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ringtone-alert-sounds/

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Have you tried to change them by any chance?

You will find a lot of info at

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ringtone-alert-sounds/

No, not at all...using bog standard ring tones!

Well that's strange. Will iPod play through the speaker. Have you checked settings\general\sounds and make sure your lock sounds etc are enabled and finally have you tried to turn off then back on power (you prob have)

• Advertisement

Sorry just settings/ sounds

THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    Well that's strange. Will iPod play through the speaker. Have you checked settings\general\sounds and make sure your lock sounds etc are enabled and finally have you tried to turn off then back on power (you prob have)

No, the iPod won't play thought the speakers. All sounds enabled, and volume up to full.

Tried a full restore, didn't make any difference :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

When you say speaker, do you mean the phone's speaker or the headset? if the phone speaker, does it work through the headset?

When you say speaker, do you mean the phone's speaker or the headset? if the phone speaker, does it work through the headset?

When I plug in headphones the sound comes through perfectly on them.

Using the phone itself I get no sound

It might be possible the speaker is gone??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jamieh wrote: »
    When I plug in headphones the sound comes through perfectly on them.

Using the phone itself I get no sound
    Ok. Insert and remove the headphone jack into the slot several times, or give it a quick blast of an air duster. Sometimes if dust or dirt gathers in there the device can think the headphones are still connected and doesn't play sound through the speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Were you using the 'Sound Grenade' app by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

happened me today would you believe..no sound at all from iphone but when i put on headphones the sound was working perfectly i found..guess the phone thought i still had headphone connected

i followed advice of previous poster and connected the headphones afew times to iphone and sound came back proper..cheers

Advertisement