Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre paid to bill with o2 - credit?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Was thinking of moving to a bill phone over the next month - looking towards a blackberry.
    Currently i have about 60euro credit and would only use about 20euro a month or so.
    I was wondering what happens with my credit when i move - do they put it towards the bill or is it wiped from the number once i've been put onto the bill plan.
    I cant see anything on their site.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The left over credit will be credited from your first bill so you won't lose out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They wont carry over bonus credit that you have earned afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

davton wrote: »
    They wont carry over bonus credit that you have earned afaik

You mean remaining credit?

thanks for the info guys.

mobileblog wrote: »
    You mean remaining credit?

thanks for the info guys.

If you were getting €10 a month drip feed credit from o2 for upgrading for example, they would let you carry over €50 to have towards your bill, i dont think they will allow you carry over the €10 they gave you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you have €10 on your account it will carry over regardless of where it came from.

If you still have €10 due to you next month from an upgrade or something which you haven't got yet then you won't get this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Don't mean to hijack but does anybody know meteors policy on this? Do they transfer your credit onto your bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

i'll have about 60 euro credit switching to bill pay. If my second bill isn't 60 quid will i lose the remainder or will it come off the next bill?

mad.mike wrote: »
    i'll have about 60 euro credit switching to bill pay. If my second bill isn't 60 quid will i lose the remainder or will it come off the next bill?

I will remain on the account till used up

Just to clarify here guys cause I just had to find out. If it is drip fed credit this will not carry over onto your bill. Only money you have topped up with.

• Advertisement

Just to clarify here guys cause I just had to find out. If it is drip fed credit this will not carry over onto your bill. Only money you have topped up with.

thanks for confirming that, i was doubting my original post after randoms post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Was enquiring about the same myself last week. Previous poster is correct-your first bill will be credited to the amount of remaining credit you currently have but beware-they do not carry across remaining texts even if they are o2

No bother I was the same myself for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

What happens if you top up by 50 and then get 10 euro free and then you use 10 euro credit, which credit does it use? the credit you've bought with money or the drip fed credit, or a bit of both? and if it's a bit of both then what percentage of each?

sff wrote: »
    What happens if you top up by 50 and then get 10 euro free and then you use 10 euro credit, which credit does it use? the credit you've bought with money or the drip fed credit, or a bit of both? and if it's a bit of both then what percentage of each?

Its the drip fed credit is used first afaik

Well, in my experience it doesn't matter where you got the credit, if you have the credit to spend it comes off your first bill. Unless they've changed the way it works over the last year.

Well, in my experience it doesn't matter where you got the credit, if you have the credit to spend it comes off your first bill. Unless they've changed the way it works over the last year.

Did you not the thread? I pointed out that drip fed credit isn't carried over and then daryll from o2 confirmed it in post 11.

Well, that doesn't make any sense, when you're making calls, it doesn't differentiate between drip fed credit and credit you've bought so how could it when crediting your bill? When I moved from o2 prepay to o2 bill pay it took all the credit off my first bill not just the credit i'd bought. Have you ever moved from o2 prepay to o2 billpay? If so, please share your first hand experience.

Well, that doesn't make any sense, when you're making calls, it doesn't differentiate between drip fed credit and credit you've bought so how could it when crediting your bill? When I moved from o2 prepay to o2 bill pay it took all the credit off my first bill not just the credit i'd bought. Have you ever moved from o2 prepay to o2 billpay? If so, please share your first hand experience.

Didn't have drip fed credit on the number at that time when switched.

Why do you think it doesn't make sense? When o2 give €5 to customers to use, as they often do, it expires by a certain date, if its not used it is removed. But from the moment it is added to the phone any credit you use comes from that fiver.

davton wrote: »
    When o2 give €5 to customers to use, as they often do, it expires by a certain date, if its not used it is removed.
    I didn't know that. Mine never expired. Where does it say that? and how long before it expires?

• Advertisement

I didn't know that. Mine never expired. Where does it say that? and how long before it expires?

They tell you when they give it to you that it expires at whatever date. This is not to be confused with normal credit which does not expire on o2 unless the number is disconnected.

When do they tell you that? Are you talking about the year expiry?

No, they well give you a text message saying it has been added to the account and it will expire on .......... if not used.

Just got onto o2 there and they confirmed that the expiry date for all credit is 1 year. If you have the credit on your account when you switch from pre pay to bill, it all comes off your account. Any credit you don't have, doesn't.

Just to answer the other question. Whatever credit is applied to the account first is used first. i.e. if you top up with €20 and then get €5 drip feed. The €5 credit will not be used until all of the €20 credit is used first.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

Quick question if I move from O2 prepay to O2 Billpay will I lose the credit I have.

I have €40 left on the prepay with O2 I was thinking of porting to Meteor to get 30 a month bill as I am trying to get a smartphone and so am restricted to the higher plans...

Been told that I say on the prepay the credit will be slowly disappearing on the other hand I don't really spend that amount in a month.

The other side as well is that a billpay will allow a smartphone to be bought for a lot less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

if you move o2 prepay to o2 billpay they should credit it to your bill.
    if you change networks you will lose the credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ForTheLoveOf_Fi

off the topic i know, but im moving from o2 pre pay to post pay can i keep same number?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement