Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genre Grace Jones

• 11-02-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭

Looking for more dance music along the lines of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZRTbjpFCF4

I think the genre is Parisian dance music but cant really find anything else like it

Comments

Grace Jones = icon. Go through all her 80s stuff anyway, some classics there. As for artists that sound like her, not sure there are too many, haven't really gone looking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

I have the album that song is on called nightclubbing. It still wouldnt compare to any other track off the album. I have heard similar music to this i just wouldnt know where to find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

One that definitely comes to mind is Doctor Rockit - Cafe de flore
    Brilliant tune. It was out around 2000

This is the original mix but check out the Charles Webster's Mix, it's slightly more uptempo and beefier.

Also, check out St Germain - Boulevard, great album and from what I remember a lot of the tracks on it have got that jazzy French dance vibe going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Music4life wrote: »

I think the genre is Parisian dance music but cant really find anything else like it
    that is a superb track,it's on Bob Sinclair - Live at the Playboy Mansion a must have album, if your looking for good French House check out Dimitri From Paris a legend in his own right, also Dimitri From Paris - Live at the Playboy Mansion, also check out Le Knight Club;)

Brillent your man Dimitri From Paris is pretty funky. Ya just that frenchie music sound:D

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote: »
    Bob Sinclair

Yikes! The name alone puts me off!

Dimitri from Paris played in Savoy, Cork lately. Pretty sure he's over here quite a lot.

That St Germain 'Rose Rouge' was a bit of an anthem about 6 years back. That acid jazz and nu jazz stuff can be good, just can;t say I know a heck of a lot of it.

Yikes! The name alone puts me off!
    He's actually quite well known.

He had that Jane Fonda workout track a good few years back and a couple of more commercial releases recently, one of them being Love Generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

BaZmO* wrote: »

He had that Jane Fonda workout track a good few years back and a couple of more commercial releases recently, one of them being Love Generation

He is muck!

That's what I meant. I know of him - it's 'Sinclar' afaik. Or at least I know Love Generation, World Hold On and that trully appalling Rock This Party mix of that C&C hit. I'm not a violent man but would happily bend back his fingers till they broke if it meant saving the world from more of that stuff...

He's actually had some decent mixes apart from the cheesey stuff.

Think he's just another in a long line of producers that got a pain in his rocks not making any money and decided to go commercial to make some serious cash.

• Advertisement

He's actually had some decent mixes apart from the cheesey stuff.

To be honest, just know the popular stuff and assumed all his work was as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭JonThom

Music4life wrote: »

If you like that track, you must check out the DJ Hell Berlin mix. It's amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqguwHe-E2o

ya thats savage thanks:D

Advertisement