Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend not recieving my texts!

• 11-02-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My phone is a Meteor Sony Ericsson W810i and it's about 18 months old at this stage now.

Anyway it does the job fine really but recently a friend of mine on the 3 network has not been receiving any texts I send him! We've tested it out numerous times but to no avail and I ain't even getting delivery reports.

This is happening with any other people we know!

Any help would be great cos this one's baffling me.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fabio wrote: »
    Hi guys,

My phone is a Meteor Sony Ericsson W810i and it's about 18 months old at this stage now.

Anyway it does the job fine really but recently a friend of mine on the 3 network has not been receiving any texts I send him! We've tested it out numerous times but to no avail and I ain't even getting delivery reports.

This is happening with any other people we know!

Any help would be great cos this one's baffling me.

What network are you on?

Did you mean this isn't happening?

I am reasonably sure the phone model has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

can you call him?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Give customer care a call and see if they can sort you out. Can you text other people on 3? Is it just this one person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Fabio

I'm not sure about other people on 3, he's the only person I know that is on that network.

I am able to call him alright although the rings before any anwer is made are slightly different to usual...

Sorry SDooM, it IS NOT happening with anyone else (my original post was a late nighter!).

Maybe a call to customer care would indeed be a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Good point...no he bought 3 out of the box so there was no porting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Fabio wrote: »
    Good point...no he bought 3 out of the box so there was no porting.

can you receive texts from him, have you tried turning off them back on your phone (might sound silly but just to reboot it). Try your sim in another meteor phone or another sim in your phone just to discount that (not likely I know as others are receiving your texts). Can your friend receive texts from others ok.

I'm able to recieve texts from him no bother. I can send and recieve tts successfully to everyone else it seems and I've rebooted the phone and all of that.

Really strange situation this one is.

Advertisement