Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noobie Questons

Options
  • 11-02-2009 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm new to this forum
    I have little experiance of firearms, I was interested in getting involved in target shooting with a pistol.

I am under the impression that such licenses are no longer being issued.
    Can someone clarify the situation for me please.

...... and before someone starts, i am not some walter mitty type person, i am just trying to do some research before i commit to buying.

(I'm sure a sticky, detailing how to apply for a firearms licence and the restrictions / conditions involved would be very useful, and possibly prevent such posts as this)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

We do have something of that sort actually.

Here you go.

Get yourself involved with a target shooting club. Clubs may have club pistols you can use, even if you can't get one yourself (We'll know more soon enough hopefully). If you're interested in any of the Olympic pistol disciplines, you may well be exempt from any ban, so if it's air pistol or rapid-fire .22 pistol you're interested in, you're at something of an (unfair) advantage.

Good luck anyway, new people to the sport are always welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Thanks for the link and other info :)

Whats the craic with licenses for hand guns ??have they stopped issuing them ??

Advertisement