Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recession buster

Options
  • 11-02-2009 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

what is the last thing you bought in your garden center? mine was my christmas tree, table arrangment and watercan:D... whats yours?

anyone know any gardens centers in dublin with any good recession busting deals? im not talking woodies or any of those big shops... just small local places?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Last thing I bought ...a cheap shovel.
    Next thing I'm have to buy...a quality shovel!
    I forgot to heed my own advice about always buy the best you can afford.:o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

:)

Problem is that they are all too heavy for me.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Last thing I bought ...a cheap shovel.
    Next thing I'm have to buy...a quality shovel!
    I forgot to heed my own advice about always buy the best you can afford.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

There'll be a show on in RDS 19/20 April ('Stock Lot'), which is open to trade and public visitors, offering deals on end of line, discontinued product, surplus stocks etc.

Not sure if it'll be cheap but perhaps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 martyba1

The best idea for a recession buster that I have heard of recently is growing your own vegetables on an allotment. I know someone in Wicklow who is setting them up and I've put my name down. If you are interested, send me a private message and I'll pass on the details (don't want to post the phone number in public without permission)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭neversuitedher

There'll be a show on in RDS 19/20 April ('Stock Lot'), which is open to trade and public visitors, offering deals on end of line, discontinued product, surplus stocks etc.

Not sure if it'll be cheap but perhaps??

thanks for the post... would you have a link by any chance i had a look around the RDS website and cant find a thing? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Things are bad here... I went out today and bought replacement handles for my shovel and spade. €11 well spent:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

martyba1 wrote: »
    The best idea for a recession buster that I have heard of recently is growing your own vegetables on an allotment.
    depends on the cost of the allotment; i've seen them being advertised at €300 p.a.; what with tools, seeds, investment of time, transport (if necessary), allotments start to look more like a hobby than a way of saving money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

thanks for the post... would you have a link by any chance i had a look around the RDS website and cant find a thing? cheers

AFAIK the event is being organised by Expo Exhibitions who are based in Sandyford Bus Park. Tel 01-295 8181

Advertisement