Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you extract a video to post online

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I have some stuff on DVDr that I want to stick on You tube or something similar. How do you do it.

Ive tried uploading the vob files but that doesnt work.

What do I have to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

I should probably put this link in my signature at this stage!

mpegstreamclip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

That has a sufficient amount of awesomeness for my requirements.

Thank you.

That worked great for an avi. file I have but when i tried to use it with a dvd i got a message saying something about having to buy some mpeg2 thingo from apple.

Any ideas whats going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

you uploaded vob files? Download a dvd ripper. Imtoo dvd ripper is good. Convert the dvd to avi then upload it. Im on me phone so cant check your link but if its a big file try veoh.com

No I tried to convert a vob file using this program.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

You dont have to by anything.
    It uses some quicktime codecs.

As far as i remember, you have to install quicktime (and i think it was an earlier version then the current) and then install 'quicktime alternative' then everything is fine. I use it all the time.
    Did it not ask you to do this on install? I think a dialogue box appears when you try to do it telling you what you nee to do. no purchase neccessary anyway:D

Thanks. Im running a Mac and have quicktime. have donbe a search and cant find quicktime alternative for mac.

Do you know if there is one?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Yeah you need to buy or get your hands on the mpeg2 codec for quicktime in order to convert the VOB. http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gnarlyone

Check out - Mac The Ripper & Handbrake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

You could try downloading a free program called Super. It converts most video file types. http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy Imtoo, I havent used that partucular one but all their stuff I've tried is excellent.

Advertisement