Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferroli bolier

• 11-02-2009 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have maxima 35S system boiler but cant seem to get higher than a one bar for the burner output but when I go to test mode I get up to 5 bars any help much appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Output would not be measured in that bar reading you are looking at. Bar is the pressure of the water in the heating system and it going up to 5 bar is only because test runs the boiler at 100% but does not release the water out to rads hence raising the pressure. If the water outside the boiler was at 5 it would start spilling out your pressure release valve at 3 bar.

Have you an issue with the actual heat of your rads or hot water that makes you feel that the boiler is not outputting enough heat.

If the heat does not leave the boiler quickly enough then the boiler will modulate down to a lower output, 35kw is a large output, buy putting it in to test mode you stop the boiler from modulating down and pushing the heat as controlled by the pcb, as long as you are achieving your desired room temperatures then i wouldn't worry, if you are not then there may be away of increasing the heating output from the engineers settings, Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 edwin101

refers to the graphis not the pressure it operates at 2 bar pressure,but does not give output for that one bar is on the display.
    Trying to get a higher output to rads as it is i have to ensure the ground floor under floor is turnned off and first floor is on to get any heat that is worth anything. henci I said the test mode goes to 5 bars not pressure here it the grphic that gives 5 bars

not getting heat out put output to rooms?

The boiler has a filter on the return, if that is blocked it can cause the boiler temp to rise to it's highest setting before leaving the boiler then shut off for a few minutes and then come on again pulsing out the heat stopping the boiler from heating properly, this scenario is the same for any circulation problem ie.. pump, sludge, air etc..., the boiler output on some boilers can be increased from the engineers controls on the display but i could see nothing on that in the ferroli manual(but they do like secrets), try and see if the heating knob is turning on the PCB(if you are getting maximum temp on the display then not a problem), Good luck, Gary

• Advertisement

i did not know that there was a potential of incresing the heat by tweaking a pcb mounted pot. Btw is it easy to twek any help much appreciated.

On allot of older boilers you can range rate the kw output by physically moving a dip switch or pot, on more modern boilers you tend to have to go in to the display logic to change a value, the boilers i work on come factory set at 60% of the badged output, not all manufactures have this on boilers and i could not see any info in the ferroli manual, but ferroli like to keep the info to themselves, you could try ringing them http://www.ferroli.co.uk/ ,and just to clarify check that the thermostat knob is turning the pot it fits into on the PCB and that it has not snapped, Gary.

thanks Gary71 i have not looked inside yet, any day soon i will! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Culfin

Does anyone recommend someone to service a two-year old Ferolli boiler, heating and water that keeps cutting out in Rathmines area? Dublin 6?
    Thanks, Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 walshyy

davidoco wrote: »
    Output would not be measured in that bar reading you are looking at. Bar is the pressure of the water in the heating system and it going up to 5 bar is only because test runs the boiler at 100% but does not release the water out to rads hence raising the pressure. If the water outside the boiler was at 5 it would start spilling out your pressure release valve at 3 bar.

Have you an issue with the actual heat of your rads or hot water that makes you feel that the boiler is not outputting enough heat.

Hi there, I've also got a Ferroli Tempra18 bolier in an apartment, the bolier's about 2 year's old. The "bar" reading on the bolier is constantly around the 3 mark ( it might go to 2.5 the odd time ) and I guess as a result of this water spill's out of the flue behind the bolier more or less constantly - it's almost alway's constantly dripping.
    Does anyone know how to fix this at all? I was in touch with Bord Gais and a service is €115 or so but does anyone know if this problem can be easily fixed? I believe I need to get the pressure down to about 1 "bar"?
    Thanks!

ps.I've bled all of the radiator's and only one radiator seemed to have any air in it...and despite releasing this air the problem described above still exists

• Advertisement
Advertisement