Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards.ie Leagues Season 3-Qualify now!

Options
  • 11-02-2009 10:06am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    With 4 leagues now entertaining almost 40 great players, I am now looking for more players to join our league system! The players in the league believe in sportsmanship and fair play, and this is reflected in the way everyone plays their games. If you are sick of people disconnecting, making crazy tackles and acting like an idiot, then this is the league for you!

The new qualifying league starts soon. This thread is for posting your interest.

Please complete the following and post below...

Boards Name:
    Gamer Tag:
    Skill Level:

I am also looking for people to join the existing leagues straight away as 2 vacancies have appeared. I need a very good player and an improving player. Both need to be able to commit to playing 5-6 games per week for the next 4 weeks or so. Please PM me separately and tell me why you should be chosen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Boards Name: Karma
    Gamer Tag:KARMA RANGER
    Skill Level: medium???(play on pro level)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Great stuff!

Boards Name: Tusky
    Gamer Tag: Naplam Backflip
    Skill Level: Intermediate

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Thanks for the heads up in the xbox forum

Boards Name: Rafloution
    Gamer Tag: Monkeyhp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Boards Name: me-skywalker
    Gamer Tag: Flyin Viper
    Skill Level: medium - 3/5

how do we qualify and when?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Boards Name: me-skywalker
    Gamer Tag: Flyin Viper
    Skill Level: medium - 3/5

how do we qualify and when?

Qualifying will begin next weekend, and I will add the password here once I get enough applicants.

The league will not have fixtures and it is up to people to add each other and get as many games playes as ye can. It will last for about 4 weeks

I'll review everyones record at the end and I'll be sending invites to those players that will be a good fit for the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Looking forward to it....

Boards Name: Dufflecoatsunri
    Gamer Tag: DufflecoatXbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

Boards Name: defness
    Gamer Tag: defmandoo
    Skill Level: reasonably good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant wait for this.

Boards Name: joe123
    Gamer Tag: Kirk The Dog
    Skill Level: Well im pretty good with Liverpool (if i do say so myself :P ) Im ranked with about 2200 skill points. Im not great with other teams though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Boards Name: Nedved85
    Gamer Tag: Nedved85
    Skill Level: Meh...Medium,:o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe123 wrote: »
    Cant wait for this.

Boards Name: joe123
    Gamer Tag: Kirk The Dog
    Skill Level: Well im pretty good with Liverpool (if i do say so myself :P ) Im ranked with about 2200 skill points. Im not great with other teams though.

Its easy to be good with big teams like Liverpool or United but the way the leagues are you have to pick individual teams so you should probably be practicing with other teams aswell when you can, for instance im Man City in our league and Future Guy is Lyon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Boards Name: Call Me Jimmy
    Gamer Tag: luv ulongtime69
    Skill Level: hmmm, it's hard to tell but i'd say just above medium, so 4/5?

ps: that's luv ulongtime69 with a space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

is there a draw for teams or how is it to work? I dont expect to be the team i support. so it would be cool to know whats going to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

+1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Here's how it works!

There's a league with everyone who you pick any team you like, this is to determine your basic skills, then there'll be a proper league with unique teams that you pick based on your position in the first league!

E.G. if you pick man city and come 16th in the league out of 16, you'll get first choice of unique team for the proper league! Whereas whoever comes first in the league will get the last pick, so most of the good teams will be gone!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Here's how it works!

E.G. if you pick man city and come 16th in the league out of 16

That would never happen for starters :D

But ya as i said above you are better thinking ahead that you might not get the team you want so have a few backup plans, avoid the likes of Everton though they are muck. :p

Axwell wrote: »
    void the likes of Everton though they are muck. :p

Top of the Premier League may I add ;)

Top of the Premier League may I add ;)

i think the guy updating the tables made an arse of it tho, Future Guy was posting earlier bout getting someone else to do it cos its all over the place. :P

i think the guy updating the tables made an arse of it tho, Future Guy was posting earlier bout getting someone else to do it cos its all over the place. :P

Haven't heard any complaints, I think that guy doing the tables is doing a fantastic job!! And Everton are still top no matter how hard you look at them!!!

City are wallowing down mid table without any Given, Bellamy etc.... :D

Here's how it works!

There's a league with everyone who you pick any team you like, this is to determine your basic skills, then there'll be a proper league with unique teams that you pick based on your position in the first league!

E.G. if you pick man city and come 16th in the league out of 16, you'll get first choice of unique team for the proper league! Whereas whoever comes first in the league will get the last pick, so most of the good teams will be gone!!

Thanks for that Mr. Moon!

However, I will be keeping an eye on anyone that picks someone other than the 4.5 star+ teams. If I think people are losing games so they can have a great team next year, I'll be talking to them.

Haven't heard any complaints, I think that guy doing the tables is doing a fantastic job!! And Everton are still top no matter how hard you look at them!!!

City are wallowing down mid table without any Given, Bellamy etc.... :D

Cough *:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59001932&postcount=249

• Advertisement

Its easy to be good with big teams like Liverpool or United but the way the leagues are you have to pick individual teams so you should probably be practicing with other teams aswell when you can, for instance im Man City in our league and Future Guy is Lyon.

Suppose your right but imo there is a big difference in the quality of Liverpool in the game compared to the likes of United, Inter, Ac Milan, Barcelona etc.

I will start trying out some smaller teams though. Of course i could loose with Liverpool and end up getting to pick them...

I will start trying out some smaller teams though. Of course i could loose with Liverpool and end up getting to pick them...

It would make you a better player for starters, having to try new tactics and find a teams strong points. I play as Man City in our league and use them in ranked matches for practice, I cant count the number of times ive beat Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona etc when the person using them thinks they are good but really its because they have the high rated players like Ronaldo and Torres. Every team has strenghts and weaknesses, find those and you can beat anybody if you are good enough.

You could but if you read above Future Guy doesnt tolerate people losing just to get a good team. You said you are good with Liverpool so if you are good with them it stands you should be decent enough with any team. Thats why the league works better, the weaker people end up with slightly better teams, the stronger players with good teams, it makes it an even playing field and a lot more exciting playing your matches.

You could but if you read above Future Guy doesnt tolerate people losing just to get a good team. You said you are good with Liverpool so if you are good with them it stands you should be decent enough with any team. Thats why the league works better, the weaker people end up with slightly better teams, the stronger players with good teams, it makes it an even playing field and a lot more exciting playing your matches.

Its going to be clear as day who is at this. They might just get away with it for a while, but if I find someone who did poorly in qualifying only to be beating everone by cricket scores in the main league, I will question my decision to allow the person to play in future leagues.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Toute l'europe je traversai/OL avec Toujours je serai/Pour la victoire et les trophees on va chanter/Avec cette ferveur qui vient du fond couer

Fix your sig dude! Where did you get that from? Some of the grammer is wrong!!

Fix your defence dude!Where did you get them from?Some of them are just wrong!! :D

*its the little things that make your day better

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Its going to be clear as day who is at this. They might just get away with it for a while, but if I find someone who did poorly in qualifying only to be beating everone by cricket scores in the main league, I will question my decision to allow the person to play in future leagues.

Dont worry ive no plan to do this. Its gunna be hard adjust to another team if I have toafter spending so long with liverpool. Id say ive played about 300 games with them.

When will people know what teams they can choose from? Just say whoever finishes first will they pick their team last and 2nd pick 2nd last and so on?

WTF!!! I got it off a reputable Lyon fan site!!! It's perfect grammar!

Dont worry ive no plan to do this. Its gunna be hard adjust to another team if I have toafter spending so long with liverpool. Id say ive played about 300 games with them.

When will people know what teams they can choose from? Just say whoever finishes first will they pick their team last and 2nd pick 2nd last and so on?

For the qualifying league, you pick you best team and teams are NOT UNIQUE. Therefore, for qualifying, there will be multiples of some teams. Once qualifying is finished, teams will be unique and players will get to pick based on a predetermined order.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Boards Name: Town Man
    Gamer Tag: CashelMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Oooh i want in.

Boards name:playa3
    Gamertag:playathree
    Skill Level well i've only really started playin online now, i'll say intermediate i guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement