Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards.ie Leagues Season 3-Qualify now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Arg. Just played Kirk The Dog. I only got the game about 3 weeks ago so expected to be destroyed after seeing his other results. It was quite a close game though. We were both playing as Liverpool.

I went 1-0 up following a silly throw out from his keeper that went straight to one of my players. The half ended with me one up and getting the better of the other chances. Early in the second half (while defending) my bloody controller turned off, giving him an easy run in to my box to equalize (why doesnt the game pause when your controller goes off?). He quickly got a second following some nice one twos to put him in the lead despite me having some good possession around his box.

A lovely Gerrard free kick from the edge of the box (first time anyones scored a free kick against me) made it 3-1. I fluffed a one on one chance with the keeper, mistiming my lob but made up for it a few minutes later to make it 3-2. With only a couple of seconds left on the clock, the game ended 3-2 to Kirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Tusky wrote: »
    Arg. Just played Kirk The Dog. I only got the game about 3 weeks ago so expected to be destroyed after seeing his other results. It was quite a close game though. We were both playing as Liverpool.

I went 1-0 up following a silly throw out from his keeper that went straight to one of my players. The half ended with me one up and getting the better of the other chances. Early in the second half (while defending) my bloody controller turned off, giving him an easy run in to my box to equalize (why doesnt the game pause when your controller goes off?). He quickly got a second following some nice one twos to put him in the lead despite me having some good possession around his box.

A lovely Gerrard free kick from the edge of the box (first time anyones scored a free kick against me) made it 3-1. I fluffed a one on one chance with the keeper, mistiming my lob but made up for it a few minutes later to make it 3-2. With only a couple of seconds left on the clock, the game ended 3-2 to Kirk.

Some of the games so far have been tough but this one was the toughest. Your possesion/passing football was so frustrating! Only three weeks ya have jese youl be some player at it if thats the case. Yep ive gotten pretty good with gerrard at longish range free kicks. Very close game though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Ah, this sounds like some fun. Count me in

Boards name: Turd Ferguson
    Gamertag : wigglesman1
    Level: Intermediate-ish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I forgot i even had an account.

Looking for some fifa playing anyway, name is SDTimeout. I would say i'm advanced.

Is this like to qualify for a league sort of thing ?

joe123 wrote: »
    Only three weeks ya have jese youl be some player at it if thats the case.

Ive been playing pro evo pretty steadily since it came out (on ps1...or maybe ps2) so maybe that stands to me! I really have to improve my shooting though. So many times I'm one on one with the keeper and I pick the wrong option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

PM me anytime regarding a match, I could go on most nights really anytime.
    Gamertag is SeanMeisterSa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I played BrophySFC last night and royally got my ass handed to me 3-0. I had a few chances but I couldnt finish. I was completely outplayed though. Not a good start but the only way is up from here :pac:

So can i ask , i just add a few of ye lads and play . Or do i need to sign up in another thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You need to go to the Fifa Xbox live league screen, and search for bq3. The password is also bq3. Once joined, you can see who is online and play them.

One question - does the league screen ever change to proper league format ? i.e, showing Played, Wins, Draws, Losses etc ?

Also, what is the next row to the right of 'online' on the league screen ? MGR or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

One question - does the league screen ever change to proper league format ? i.e, showing Played, Wins, Draws, Losses etc ?

Also, what is the next row down from 'online' on the league screen ? MGR or something...

Yeah it would be better if they showed a proper league format. Pressing right on your controller though shows how many wins/draws and losses but im thinking youve already done this??

Dont think they show points or goal difference or any of that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone up for a game now? Should be on in a minute or two

And yeah the format of the standings is a bit silly

joe123 wrote: »
    Dont think they show points or goal difference or any of that sort of thing.

Thats absolutely ridiculous.

In other news, I just played someone there (whoever is Valencia). I went 1-0 pretty early on and to be honest, should have got another couple as I had lots of chances and possession. Towards the end of the half Valencia started to get into the game with some nice passing and a couple of lovely balls over the top. They scored just before half time to make it 1-1. In the second half I had lots of chances and even hit the bar early on. I eventually got a well deserved second goal to make it 2-1. Then something very odd happened...two of his players went invisible and I found it very hard to tackle them. Does anyone know anything about this ? It was very frustrating whatever it was. He got a goal in last minute of the game leaving me feeling robbed! Final score Liverpool 2 - 2 Valencia.

[edit] - just googled the invisible player thing.

That was me you were playing, I definitely didn't deserve the draw. Didn't realise about the invisible players, happened me yesterday when i was playing someone else and its very annoying.

Just played SeanMeisterSa and got absolutley hammered 5-0. I was completely and utterly terrible so reckon im gonna leave it for today:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ya the invisible player thing can be annoying its just a glitch in the game, pain when you are running for a ball though and suddenly it starts flying down the wing towards your goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm gonna go online now so hopefully a few of you are available for a game or two.

besty wrote: »
    I'm gonna go online now so hopefully a few of you are available for a game or two.

In 40 mins I will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

In 40 mins I will be.
    Sorry, just left. Was laggy as hell so wasn't arsed.

To the lads that asked me to play there, sorry, was in a game.

I just played Sean something...he was Arsenal. What a game! The best Ive had in the league so far and one of the best since I got the game. I dominated for the first 15 minutes and got an early goal. I was probably unlucky not to get a second as I hit the bar and had a few shots cleared off the line. Arsenal came back into it after that and really pushed me back. I was defending almost constantly but hit him on the counter attack a number of times and almost went 2 up. Just before half time he got a well deserved equalizer.

In the second half we both had equal possession and chances and I was very surprised that the game ended 1-1 as it was end to end stuff. Final score Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

I played BrophySFC last night and royally got my ass handed to me 3-0. I had a few chances but I couldnt finish. I was completely outplayed though. Not a good start but the only way is up from here :pac:

:cool:

Ah it was a good effort. I think that first backpass in the 3rd minute or so was the turning point. At times I thought it would have been 1-1:eek:

Theres never anyone online and when I catch someone there playing another match.

• Advertisement

I just played Sean something...he was Arsenal. What a game! The best Ive had in the league so far and one of the best since I got the game. I dominated for the first 15 minutes and got an early goal. I was probably unlucky not to get a second as I hit the bar and had a few shots cleared off the line. Arsenal came back into it after that and really pushed me back. I was defending almost constantly but hit him on the counter attack a number of times and almost went 2 up. Just before half time he got a well deserved equalizer.

In the second half we both had equal possession and chances and I was very surprised that the game ended 1-1 as it was end to end stuff. Final score Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal

Yep, was a great game, thought I was gonna get trounced after first 20 mins or so, found it really difficult to get out of my half and defend your corners! Kuyt was amazing from them.
    Second half both keepers were amazing, so many class saves.

I'll be on later if anyone wants a game, tried getting a game with Nedved85 loads of times last night and it wouldn't work for some reason.

Got my first two wins under the belt now. Played Nedved85 last night and manages a 2-1 win. Was fortunate that he hit the post with an excellent chance in the last minutes of the game.

Then just there played BrophySFC and won 3-0. I got an early break and scored. Then survived a bit of a storm from him and broke again for a second through an unlucky OG. Rest of the game continued in the same fashion with me fluffing some really good openings before gettin a third near the end.
    The invisible players thing happened again in the second half, couldn't see Perotta or Baptista. Tis irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

anyone online tonight to play? have tried to get a game but "servers down" messages are killing me. or i get on to find no one :(
    will check again tonight.
    all the best.

I could go on anytime today, so I'm up for a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Smegball wrote: »
    I could go on anytime today, so I'm up for a few games.

have a few things to do before the fun is allowed :( so will be on-line at 6. Is that ok for ya Sean?

Any one able to get online, now for a quick match before 1

Karma wrote: »
    have a few things to do before the fun is allowed :( so will be on-line at 6. Is that ok for ya Sean?

Aye thats grand, nplemo :)

Great match, i lost 4-1 but it could have been more for either side. Tempo of the match was high and when the first went in i couldn't get settled.

Would love to take another crack at you outside the league.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Great match, i lost 4-1 but it could have been more for either side. Tempo of the match was high and when the first went in i couldn't get settled.

Would love to take another crack at you outside the league.

Np, I'll play you again next time we're on sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

playa3 wrote: »
    Then just there played BrophySFC and won 3-0. I got an early break and scored. Then survived a bit of a storm from him and broke again for a second through an unlucky OG. Rest of the game continued in the same fashion with me fluffing some really good openings before gettin a third near the end.
    The invisible players thing happened again in the second half, couldn't see Perotta or Baptista. Tis irritating

When that OG went in I knew it would be a bad day:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement