Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards.ie Leagues Season 3-Qualify now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

tried again no one around and now keep getting dropped in any quick rank match(never played online before as i always get dropped by ea servers) bugger. will try later. f**k u ea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Boards Name: Wompa1
    Gamer Tag: PaddySmallBalls
    Skill Level: Improving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Karma wrote: »
    tried again no one around and now keep getting dropped in any quick rank match(never played online before as i always get dropped by ea servers) bugger. will try later. f**k u ea.

I'll leave it on, if you get it working send me a invite sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Played playathree, i was Atletico Madrid and he was Valencia
    Got off to a fantastic start with 3 goals in the first ten minutes but Valencia came more into the game as time went off
    Final Score 3-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

im on now if anyone wants a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'll try now Joe.

Myself 3 - Kirk the Dog 6
    End to end stuff, brilliant skills and movement by Kirk for some of his goals
    Can have no complaints with regards the result

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ugh, not a good day today at all. Went 3-0 down in both the matches i played. As town man said ours finished 3-1.

Just played Besty there too, 3-0 and got it back to 3-2 but in the end he deserved the win. We both fluffed some great chances, I really have to learn how to finish one on one! Only complaint would be that the game was quite laggy

p.s someone has to beat joe eventually!

Argh just played besty. First game got ended by a lost connection. It must of been bestys side because I was credited with a 3-0 win. We played again in a normal match. Ended 2-1 to me but was a pretty bad match the lag (on my end anyways) was torture. Took seconds for a pass etc to be recognized.

6 wins from 6 so far though! Im happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ugh, couple of good games there but the lag was a serious killer. That was really annoying the first game joe, I had just gone 2-1 up (granted, fairly scrappy goals) but the connection dropped. Still, well done in the second game. You deserved it.

Playa3 - can't believe I nearly threw away the 3-0 lead. Good fightback but some poor finishing, like you said, from both of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

played joe, lost 3-1 good game from joe.
    think i need more games :D

I'll go on now :)

Played Cashel Man there finally after having network difficulties last night, he went 2-0 up and I thought I'd be well beaten, but came back into and got a few goals before half time, the equaliser especially was lucky coming off bar then goalkeeper, ended up 5-2 to me, was a good game though, end to end stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Boards Name: Brimmy
    Gamer Tag: Darth Brimmy
    Skill Level: Decent to good

I'll be on tonight from around midnight for a few hours probably if anyone wants a game or four ;)

Just played Wigglesman and won 3-0 which doesnt reflect a very close game. 2 up in the first ten minutes (which i seem to do the whole time) and got my 3rd in injury time but pretty even other than that
    Also got a hding earlier on after being 2 up but didnt deserve anything as I was muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Played Kirk last night, United against Liverpool.

Hit the post in the opening minute and should have given up then as it was downhill from there. 5-0 scoreline at the end but a close game up until the 80th minute when it was only 2-0 (maybe 75th) and then my defense just fell apart.

Good game though. And the 2 friendlies after :)

Brimmy wrote: »
    Played Kirk last night, United against Liverpool.

Hit the post in the opening minute and should have given up then as it was downhill from there. 5-0 scoreline at the end but a close game up until the 80th minute when it was only 2-0 (maybe 75th) and then my defense just fell apart.

Good game though. And the 2 friendlies after :)

Yep 5-0 was probably a bit harsh and the friendlies were alot closer. Shows how you can get used of playing with one team ( in my case liverpool) as im pretty bad with every other team in the game.

Played Brophysfc today. Close game. Won it 3-2. He scored a nice little free kick (never seen a placed curler go in before). Got it back to 1-1 then passed the ball straight to his player for his second goal. Got it back to 2-2 and then finally scored 6 minutes before the end with babel.

I probably deserved the result but was a tight game. Good defending by brophy aswell.

10 wins from 10 so far! Pity im so ****e with other teams.

just wondering when is this finishing up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm going to close this on Friday 13th March.

I will then assess the records of players and decide who will be joining the league system.

When I checked last, there wasn't anyone walking a disciplinary tightrope so pretty much everyone will be joining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to close this on Friday 13th March.

I will then assess the records of players and decide who will be joining the league system.

When I checked last, there wasn't anyone walking a disciplinary tightrope so pretty much everyone will be joining.

So I have 9 days to try and get a win? Hopefully that'll be enought time. Being 0 for 7 is just not good at all!!

• Advertisement

So I have 9 days to try and get a win? Hopefully that'll be enought time. Being 0 for 7 is just not good at all!!

Play in my qualifying league isn't about your win/loss, it's judging your ability to play FIFA without being a muppet.

So keep playing and enjoying the games!

Anyone be on tonight? Haven't played a league game in a few days now!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Boards Name : apoch632
    Xbox Live Name : apoch6632
    Skill : Intermediate

Played Brimmy last night won 3-2. Two goals in the last few minutes. Was a fairly close game. One or two sent off for both off but more due to sloppy tackling than bad fouls

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Online now if anyone wants a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Il be on tonight,

I have played 5 or six games so i still have a good few games to play if anyone is about that hasnt played me?

Played apoche earlier! 4-3 to mise, was 3-0 up pretty quickly but Apoche made a brilliant brilliant comeback to get 3 goals back before half time!
    Scored one solitary goal then second half.
    Excellent game though, really well played.

apoch632 wrote: »
    Boards Name : apoch632
    Xbox Live Name : apoch6632
    Skill : Intermediate

Played Brimmy last night won 3-2. Two goals in the last few minutes. Was a fairly close game. One or two sent off for both off but more due to sloppy tackling than bad fouls

Guys, sloppy tackles just wont cut it in the main leagues. If I find someone in qualifying has a poor card record, they won't be joining the main league. There really shouldn't be any red cards in games. There are many players in the main leagues who haven't even received a single yellow card and we are 3/4 through the league.

Please keep that in mind guys. I'm pretty ruthless with cutting people because of their discipline. Once you are out, you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Boards Name : lamposts
    Xbox Live Name : lamposts
    Skill : 16

Just played Sdtimeout. League game got disconnected after about 1 minute ( i was credited with a 3-0 win)

Anyways we played a friendly ended up 7-2 to me. SDtimeout wasnt helped by clichy getting two yellows early on though. So ive played 11 won 11. :D Think theres only two others ive to play now and lamposts fella if he joins the league.

• Advertisement

Played Nedved85 and won 3-0, 2 up by half time and got the third through an OG in injury time. Have a habit of scoring early and then letting my opponents get into the game. Nedved was unlucky as Franco in goal for me was inspired

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement