Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards.ie Leagues Season 3-Qualify now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

joe123 wrote: »
    Just played Sdtimeout. League game got disconnected after about 1 minute ( i was credited with a 3-0 win)

Anyways we played a friendly ended up 7-2 to me. SDtimeout wasnt helped by clichy getting two yellows early on though. So ive played 11 won 11. :D Think theres only two others ive to play now and lamposts fella if he joins the league.

Sure feel free to send me an invite and i'll take you to school :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Cashel Man 3-1 Karma Ranger

Goal down at half time terrible lag on my side but went more attacking in the 2nd half and it paid off with three goals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Lamposts wrote: »
    Sure feel free to send me an invite and i'll take you to school :-)

Have you joined the league yet? Didnt see ur name in it there the last day when i was on. I wont be on again till next thursday or friday but if ur round then we can have a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Town Man wrote: »
    Played Nedved85 and won 3-0, 2 up by half time and got the third through an OG in injury time. Have a habit of scoring early and then letting my opponents get into the game. Nedved was unlucky as Franco in goal for me was inspired

Yup, good game, was hard to come back from the early goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Cashel Man 3-1 Karma Ranger

Goal down at half time terrible lag on my side but went more attacking in the 2nd half and it paid off with three goals

lag was a killer. made for some interesting guess work but cashelman was the better player.
    not impressed with the attempted half way kick off goals thou.
    worse than a slide tackle mate, its just cheap.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Karma wrote: »
    lag was a killer. made for some interesting guess work but cashelman was the better player.
    not impressed with the attempted half way kick off goals thou.
    worse than a slide tackle mate, its just cheap.:rolleyes:

Sorry am I only allowed to score tap ins or not take any shots at all? I suppose in the history of soccer, players have never scored from halfway???
    Better tell whoever you play next that they have to walk the ball into the goal. No shots allowed.

People have shots from halfway line, if you weren't able to kick that far the game wouldn't be realistic, it's been tried in real life too

What about the people who just give it to Ronaldo and sprint as fast as they can to try to score? do we call that cheap too?

You did enough of slide tackles yourself nowhere near a ball but we'll blame that on the lag!!!

Ive yet to see a half way line kick off goal go in. Closest i ever got was hitting the crossbar a few times. After a while I just gave up.

Nothing is worse than people quitting. After that its getting fouled when your through one on one. I dont really have a problem with half way line shots as they never go in anyways. Played a fella once who scored two goals from the same sort of corner where the keeper fumbles it into his own net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Sorry am I only allowed to score tap ins or not take any shots at all? I suppose in the history of soccer, players have never scored from halfway???
    Better tell whoever you play next that they have to walk the ball into the goal. No shots allowed.

People have shots from halfway line, if you weren't able to kick that far the game wouldn't be realistic, it's been tried in real life too

What about the people who just give it to Ronaldo and sprint as fast as they can to try to score? do we call that cheap too?

You did enough of slide tackles yourself nowhere near a ball but we'll blame that on the lag!!!

i have said you were the better player( was trying to be nice but...), and your 2 kick-offs you had, you try the same thing, whatever you need to say to justify it. there was no mention of anything else.
    Yes i will use slide tackle, quite fond of it really (dont need to explain why as its common sense and will take the heat when it messes up.). Did i use it on you when you had your 2/3 breaks, no.
    lag was terrible but not going to use it to as a excuse. wanted a good connection but cant always get it.
    Ronaldo, running, like any winger i guess.. but he is cheap( never liked him :P ) will bring back Park Ji Sung.

With this closing on Friday how then are people assigned to teams/divisions?

I reckon at this stage ill be finishing top so how/when do I get to choose my final team *cough* liverpool *cough*

Just interested to see how the format works now, thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, I had to send a reminder to a player regarding the number of red cards he received. 3 in 3 games is just not on.

I will not hesitate to omit anyone who I feel will disrupt the league.

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    With this closing on Friday how then are people assigned to teams/divisions?

I reckon at this stage ill be finishing top so how/when do I get to choose my final team *cough* liverpool *cough*

Just interested to see how the format works now, thanks.

I'm looking at my schedule for all competitions and I have decided to extend the league by 1 week to coincide with the completion of the main leagues.

Therefore, the qualifying league will end Friday 20th March.

Joe, they way it works is as follows. At them moment, I think the majority of players will be joining Serie A/B

Firstly, I compile stats for each qualified team and assign them a rank based on a number of factors including qualifying team, results, cards etc. I then divide the teams into 2 groups based on their rank. The players with lowest rank will join either the Championship or Serie B while the higher ranked players will enter the premiership/Serie A.

Once assigned, players choose their teams one after the other. For example, we have 7 players in Serie A and 7 in Serie B. 3 qualifiers join Serie A and 3 join Serie B, which gives 2 leagues of 10. The orger of choosing is....

1) Players currently in Serie B, with worst team getting first choice and best team getting last choice.

2) Players joining Serie B, with worst team getting first choice and best team getting last choice.

3) Players currently in Serie A, with worst team getting first choice and best team getting last choice.

4) Players joining Serie A, with worst team getting first choice and best team getting last choice.

It means that new qualified players are at a slight disadvantage the first season, but it will all even out by the time the next season comes around. Therefore Joe, you will probably get 20th pick, which is still a decent 4-star team.

Overall, the inexperienced players get the better teams, abd the better players get slightly weaker teams. This has lead to some incredible games!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

future guy check you pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Just played Wigglesman and got a 3-0 victory.

Was actually a fairly close match in certain parts but clinical finishing proved to be a clincher. He broke through once or twice but shots from long range didn't pose much of a challenge to Van Der Saar.

Lag was a killer too. If anyone's hanging around now want to do a game?

Brimmy wrote: »
    Just played Wigglesman and got a 3-0 victory.

Was actually a fairly close match in certain parts but clinical finishing proved to be a clincher. He broke through once or twice but shots from long range didn't pose much of a challenge to Van Der Saar.

Lag was a killer too. If anyone's hanging around now want to do a game?

do you know if its too late to join this qualifying league?

il pwn anybody with west ham or shamrock rovers at the mo

It shouldn't be. The deadline to play all your games has been extended to next Friday so you should have no problem playing most of them before then.

Actually on that matter I only get to play late night so doubt I'll get to play everyone. Will this be taken into account when counting up the results or will the unplayed games just be considered as losses to my total overall score?

hope so, im sick of playing ranked quick matches where the people just leave if your out playing them

Ill be on in a bit if anyone wants a game. Think ive played most people as it seems those who I havent played are never on anyways. So irish iron if your on join up!

Karma Ranger - Not sure what happened there. My game crashed in the arena (that's what happens when it picks Gary Neville I guess), restarted my console and by the time I get back you were gone. Hope to catch you another time.

If anyone else is up for a game tonight pm me as I'll forget to check this thread..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Is it possible for me to join now? Ive only just discovered the PES/Fifa Forum.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Is it possible for me to join now? Ive only just discovered the PES/Fifa Forum.

Deadline is next Friday so sign up.. I'm online now if you want your first game ;)

• Advertisement

Just played CashelMan and lost 3-2. Feel a bit hard done by as I dominated for most of the game and his second goal was a complete error as I threw the ball with the keeper to his feet.

Also not really impressed with the timewasting towards the end and the tackles flowing freely at Ronaldo in the 85th minute when I was on the edge of the box.

Brimmy wrote: »
    Just played CashelMan and lost 3-2. Feel a bit hard done by as I dominated for most of the game and his second goal was a complete error as I threw the ball with the keeper to his feet.

Also not really impressed with the timewasting towards the end and the tackles flowing freely at Ronaldo in the 85th minute when I was on the edge of the box.

what timewasting are you on about? The clock came up once all game when the ball was in my goalies hands even though I had pressed for him to kick it and had to press a second time. The only thing I think I did was run the ball into the corner which I am certainly entitled to do so.

As for the "tackles" on Ronaldo it was the computer who did the slide and it was only one slide tackle, i was pressing B to kick the ball clear, there were 3 players in close proximity and I was only in control of one of them not the player who did the slide.

Yeah I was lucky but if I lose I never make excuses and I feel you are abit unfair over your comments. 1 yellow card and 4 fouls committed in 7/8 games for me and yet when I look at your stats I see 3 red cards for your games played

Anyway let's build a bridge and get over it??

The only thing I think I did was run the ball into the corner which I am certainly entitled to do so.

You're entitled to do it I was just saying I wasn't really impressed with it. I'm as much entitled to not like it as you're entitled to like it ;)

As for the "tackles" on Ronaldo it was the computer who did the slide and it was only one slide tackle, i was pressing B to kick the ball clear, there were 3 players in close proximity and I was only in control of one of them not the player who did the slide.

I can't see which players you're in control of from my side. I just saw loads of attempts to take Ronaldo down which I avoided. Had I wanted to get you a sending off or card I would have ran into them. All I saw was just multiple attempts to bring him down as the game was nearly over.
    Yeah I was lucky but if I lose I never make excuses and I feel you are abit unfair over your comments. 1 yellow card and 4 fouls committed in 7/8 games for me and yet when I look at your stats I see 3 red cards for your games played

I was just commenting on the game anyway which I still thought was quite close. I wouldn't mind a friendly at some stage anyway because I did really enjoy the game itself. As for those reds I already sent Future Guy a pm, one was a completely bad tackle and two were done by the computer. And all three came in the one game...(incredibly bad luck).

Anyway let's build a bridge and get over it??

Yeah man it's only a game. I'm not going to start WW3 over it. I'll get you back if we're drawn in the same league (hopefully) ;)

I felt that everytime you attacked you looked like you could score so I said to myself better have it in the corner than in the middle of the field for you to have a chance to score
    it was a very close game indeed and enjoyable, have sent you a friend request so hope to play you again

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

could i join the fifa league my user name on xbox live is karl burke or maybe Karl Burke

crazy eyes wrote: »
    could i join the fifa league my user name on xbox live is karl burke or maybe Karl Burke

yeah just go back a few pages to find the code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Ok id like to join, my GT is BulletsForWar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Im finding it hard to find the lads i have left to play,seems to be the guys towards the bottom of the table

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Im finding it hard to find the lads i have left to play,seems to be the guys towards the bottom of the table

Thats why I run qulaifying leagues. It's always the bottom players for a reason. They lose 3-4 games and lose interest.

In addition, I get to see the players that really want to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You need to go to the Fifa Xbox live league screen, and search for bq3. The password is also bq3. Once joined, you can see who is online and play them.

Hi FutureGuy.

Is this closed/Am I too late ? I'd love to play in a boards league. Just getting back into Fifa 09 now after a while away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement