Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 09 Boards.ie Leagues Season 3-Qualify now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

PLayed my first game last night. Was up for moer but no one else around.

Got well beaten by Kirk(?). Looks like he has won all his games though.

Just out of interest ... is there any rule against playing on full assisted controls ?

I play semi and manual myself but just wondering if you would consider not allowing full assisted controls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Brianon if you want, add me to your friends list and il play later if i get a chance

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Brianon if you want, add me to your friends list and il play later if i get a chance

Cool yeah. If your in the league then you'll show up as online in the league standings anyway but my username is brianon360.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

brianon wrote: »
    PLayed my first game last night. Was up for moer but no one else around.

Got well beaten by Kirk(?). Looks like he has won all his games though.

Just out of interest ... is there any rule against playing on full assisted controls ?

I play semi and manual myself but just wondering if you would consider not allowing full assisted controls?

There is absolutely no way of me enforcing this but I expect everyone to be playing using the default settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Brianon add me aswell there and I'll play ya later.

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    Brianon add me aswell there and I'll play ya later.

Great. I should be on tonight after 10pm I'd say.

PLayed two games last night..

First vs ????three?? (playing as Valencia) or something !? Not sure. But we got disconnected with about 10/15 minutes to go. I was 1-0 down. Not sure if anyone got awarded the victory.

Next game v Nedved. Good game. I lost 1-0 and deserved to lose :)

Gonna have to up my game. I always play as Valencia even though I don't really like them that much !? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

First vs ????three?? (playing as Valencia) or something !? Not sure. But we got disconnected with about 10/15 minutes to go. I was 1-0 down. Not sure if anyone got awarded the victory.

Yeah that was me(playathree). Not sure what happened there really. I made a sub and then when i went to go back to the game it said it got disconnected. But we were both still online and no one got awarded the win as far as could tell. Anyway I'll try get another game with you soon.

playa3 wrote: »
    Yeah that was me(playathree). Not sure what happened there really. I made a sub and then when i went to go back to the game it said it got disconnected. But we were both still online and no one got awarded the win as far as could tell. Anyway I'll try get another game with you soon.

Cool. I'll be better prepared for the onslaught this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Next game v Nedved. Good game. I lost 1-0 and deserved to lose :)

Gonna have to up my game. I always play as Valencia even though I don't really like them that much !? :o

Unlucky man! It was a fairly unfortunate own goal you conceeded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Got my disc working again. Had to use another copy to install to the hard drive and use my disc which is perfect circle'd to authenticate it.

Anyone up for a game tonight let me know!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: A new thread has been created which lists the league outline, rules and plans for season 4. The thread appears at the top of the forum and is locked.

Please read the thread before starting season 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Does that mean if you haven't played all your matches you can't go into the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

played and lost to darth brimmy 3-0
    played Playa3 and it was a 2-2 draw? i think... playa3 to confirm...
    lag was there as ever but enjoyable games still.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Karma wrote: »
    played and lost to darth brimmy 3-0
    played Playa3 and it was a 2-2 draw? i think... playa3 to confirm...
    lag was there as ever but enjoyable games still.

Yep twas 2-2. The lag made for one of the scrappiest games ever but it was still a good match

I also played someone else and lost. Can't remember quite who it was now but they were United(so that only leaves about half the players!:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

That was me.. I think... anyone else having server problems today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Still have a few to play and the quitters are getting on my nerves big time. Anyone able to come online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

was in the pub, so not me... but i saw on my profile i have been marked as dropping out of games. never by me but maybe internet connection. annoying. if your losing, see it thru. have to as a manc.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Drew 3-3 with SD Timeout there, great game.
    was 3-1 down but 5 minutes to go but don't know how I managed to get the draw.

Any word when we will know if we have made Season 4??

Gutted there. Not sure how i gave away the second goal. Third was good.

Then RVP almost went up and scored. Great game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Boards Name: SRFC90
    Gamer Tag: MarkSRFC90
    Skill Level: Advanced (Play on Legendary)

Finished 2nd/3rd in this season's Seria A.

Not quite sure if I've to re-apply or not.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Bet MarkSRFC last night 8-1 I think it was. You like watchin replays!

Ive a feeling im not gunna be half as good if I dont get to choose Liverpool. Ive picked them since day one. Think i choose different teams about 7 times in all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

joe123 wrote: »
    Bet MarkSRFC last night 8-1 I think it was. You like watchin replays!

Ive a feeling im not gunna be half as good if I dont get to choose Liverpool. Ive picked them since day one. Think i choose different teams about 7 times in all!

God I was shite that night. Gave up after the 4th. I was fuming with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

gonna report the six games i had last week.

Won HokemPokem 5 - 1 SDTimeout
    Won HokemPokem 5 - 1 Darth Brimmy
    Won HokemPokem 5 - 0 CashelMan
    Won HokemPokem 4 - 0 Nedved85
    Lost HokemPokem 1 - 2 SeanMeister
    Lost HokemPokem 2 - 3 Kirk The Dog

Good games. Annoyed at myself for losing to kirkthedog as I was in that game right till the end and woulda been nice to end his unbeaten run :D

SRFC90 wrote: »
    God I was shite that night. Gave up after the 4th. I was fuming with myself!

Yep think you were winning 1-0 up till the last min in the first half.

Kirby wrote: »
    gonna report the six games i had last week.

Won HokemPokem 5 - 1 SDTimeout
    Won HokemPokem 5 - 1 Darth Brimmy
    Won HokemPokem 5 - 0 CashelMan
    Won HokemPokem 4 - 0 Nedved85
    Lost HokemPokem 1 - 2 SeanMeister
    Lost HokemPokem 2 - 3 Kirk The Dog

Good games. Annoyed at myself for losing to kirkthedog as I was in that game right till the end and woulda been nice to end his unbeaten run :D

Yep another close win! Ive been lucky alot of the time!

I've been sitting here on a fine sunny afternoon working of plans for the leagues going forward.

I have a solution to the fixtures which should work out in everyones best interest, and I have also another idea which will prevent this fromhappening in future leagues.

First things first.

I am looking for a total of four (4) people to come on board to help with the running the leagues. While I am happy to have started it and that, I do see that there is no way it can go on without alot of help.

So I am looking for 4 people who will each be the admin for 1 of the 4 leagues. These admins will be responsible for posting fixtures and ensuring that everything runs smoothly in their section. I will maintain overall control of the league and will have the final sday on any matters relationg to the structure of the competition.

People who have interest in these positions must be able to commit to a few hours a week and must enjoy doing it! I cant afford to have someone get bored of it and drop out.

Really getting annoyed with the player BrianOn360. Sent numerous invites and messages saying to quit after his next game. He is now on his fourth Man C vs Galata online.

Avoiding a fixture surely

SDtimeout dont worry about it, youve enough games to qualify.

Whats the craic now has the qualfying finished?

• Advertisement

Im bringing on baord people who will help out. We are also waiting on people to finish their games from last year. A few people have exams and/or RROD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement