Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal Shopping Cart

Options
  • 11-02-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi folks,

I'm creating a website to sell my greeting cards. I decided to use the paypal shopping cart as opposed to writing my own as I figured users may be more comfortable using paypal.

I've created the "Add to cart" buttons for each of the products. At the moment when you click the button it brings you straight to the shopping cart. What I'm wondering is, is there a way with using paypal's cart that I can select multiple items on a page and then add them all to the cart, as so to save the user clicking add to cart and being brought to the cart and then having to click continue shopping in order to select another item.

Would it be a case of selecting multiple items and sending them as one item to the cart?

Thanks,
    Gra

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hi folks,

I'm creating a website to sell my greeting cards. I decided to use the paypal shopping cart as opposed to writing my own as I figured users may be more comfortable using paypal.

I've created the "Add to cart" buttons for each of the products. At the moment when you click the button it brings you straight to the shopping cart. What I'm wondering is, is there a way with using paypal's cart that I can select multiple items on a page and then add them all to the cart, as so to save the user clicking add to cart and being brought to the cart and then having to click continue shopping in order to select another item.

Would it be a case of selecting multiple items and sending them as one item to the cart?

Thanks,
    Gra

I'm guessing you're using some sort of open source e-commerce solution? You don't say what system you're asking these questions about so we can't possibly help....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

John_Mc wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're using some sort of open source e-commerce solution? You don't say what system you're asking these questions about so we can't possibly help....
    Paypal Shopping Cart?

Admittedly this is the first time I've heard of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 grainne.obrien

I'm not using any e-commerce solution.

Paypal supply a shopping cart that you can use, or you can use thrid party shopping carts. Basically you create the buttons in paypal, which when clicked will allow a user to add items to a shopping cart hosted by paypal.

At the moment I can only add one item at a time and then must go back to the products page to add a different item.

After reading about his more on line, it appears that I need a mini cart on my site and then send all items to the paypal shopping cart as one transaction, unless I use a third party solution.

Thanks,
    Grainne

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jabroni Pkp

you would be better off using something like zencart or osCommerce which are open source, free and have a paypal integration to handle your payments. They are available free on most decent webhosting through fantastico deluxe and the time spent setting either up would be much less than setting up individual buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I agree with the above but I'm guessin the OP is talking about somthing like this

http://www.castlearchpottery.ie/shop_hamp.html

• Advertisement

Yes, mine is working like http://www.castlearchpottery.ie/shop_hamp.html at the moment.

Thanks jabroni Pkp for your suggestion I'll look into them now.

Cheers,
    Gra

For anyone else reading this interested in shopping carts, google checkout allows users to add items to the shopping cart without going straight to the cart. The cart is displayed small at the top right hand corner and can be hidden. User clicks on checkout when all items have been added.

Just need to read some reviews on it to see how it compares to paypal for security.

Advertisement