Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installin Light Fittings Under Kitchen Cupboards

Options
  • 11-02-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Just had an electrician out to look at doing some stuff around the house. Was looking to get some light fittings put in under the kitchen cupboards. He had a look and it transpires that the existing wiring is not live (pleas forgive me if this is not the correct terminology - hope you know what I mean!) and he also couldn't find a switch anywhere on the wall that might switch them on when wired up.

Has anyone fitted lights there and how is it done ie have we not spotted something obvious!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hi Neets,

if you search back through this forum there has been discussion of this before - I believe these are wired back to the main kitchen lightswitch, so you have to uncrew that and connect the wires there. Best thing is probably to make them permanently live and then install striplights with a switch built in. Not 100% on this though - we never connected ours up...

Advertisement