Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards logo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

CuLT wrote: »
    When there was a "redesign" in the pipeline last year (abandoned at this stage) this was the concept logo that resulted:

logo_2.png
    Which one of them is Dev then? :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Des wrote: »
    Change bad.
    IMO people's resistance to change a terrible barrier to progress and improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

When there was a "redesign" in the pipeline last year (abandoned at this stage)

Why was this abandoned exactly Cult? Personally I think the site is in need of an overhaul. There have definitely been some great small improvements (Cheers Cult) but considering the size of the team behind Boards, the size of the community and influence of the community, personally I think a redesign (not just its logo/image etc) is well overdue.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Zascar wrote: »
    Why was this abandoned exactly Cult? Personally I think the site is in need of an overhaul. There have definitely been some great small improvements (Cheers Cult) but considering the size of the team behind Boards, the size of the community and influence of the community, personally I think a redesign (not just its logo/image etc) is well overdue.
    What impression are you under about the number of people who work for boards.ie?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What impression are you under about the number of people who work for boards.ie?

Yourself and Vex presumably?

It is Feedback, maybe not very diplomatically worded (and perhaps even a little unfair-as boards has seen some improvements in the last year, in fairness), but Feedback nonetheless.

Some may be forgiven for assuming that the number on the staff is greater, given that five people are listed as administrators (not including yourself as developer of course). However three of that illustrious company seem to have vanished into the ether.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

However three of that illustrious company seem to have vanished into the ether.

What three would they be? DeV and Vex are about quite a bit. I imagine Regi and Cloud do some of the techy stuff behind the scenes. That only really leaves ecksor who could be doing some other techy stuff behind the scenes or is still about but just reads a lot or just fecked off to take a break from the place for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Because someone is not active on the site in terms of posting doesn't mean they're not about in some shape or form.

However I assume it's a point we are permitted to raise, given the question posed about the number of active administration personnel on boards...

Particularly when they were so active formerly, and so influential to the site in its formative years.

Little of this of course has much to do with the boards logo-which I have a certain gra for, given its familiarity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Those dudes in the logo represent only beer guts & receding hairline forum.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cult... you owe me one coffee and one keyboard. :p

People mistake us for a big corporation. I think the biggest the entire team has ever grown to in terms of full time people is... 2.

The design wasnt what we wanted in the end. Speaking only for myself I also felt it seemed a little childish, kinda like a creche's logo almost, and that didnt send the right message.

The moon logo used to rotate (many years ago) with the phases of the moon. Blame Cloud... it was his idea :)

As for the current logo, it hasnt screamed, caught on fire or tried to sue us so consequently it hasn't been addressed. :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

DeVore wrote: »
    As for the current logo, it hasnt screamed, caught on fire or tried to sue us so consequently it hasn't been addressed. :)
    12343_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I can't realyl follow Dades' post can I?
    DeVore wrote: »
    Cult... you owe me one coffee and one keyboard. :p

People mistake us for a big corporation. I think the biggest the entire team has ever grown to in terms of full time people is... 2.

DeV.

I used to think this for a good while. But then I saw you posting around and saw what you had to say and it changed my perception. I assumed that the owners gave Smods the job of running the site and then ye went off and had your coke and hookers - now I've a fair idea of what the score is :).
    I also took the sitewide ban on talking about you know who/you know what the wrong way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

never really noticed in detail or thought about the significance of the moon myself either. Site overhaul, meh, no point forcing change IMO unnecessarily. If someone comes up with a better logo down the line then happy days.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I have an idea for a new logo.

But right now my total focus is on supporting the Adverts.ie mods, engaging with the Mods to help them help us, stabilising the tech so we have a smoother time of it and setting out the processes, job-scope and expectations for the new Community manager role before they arrive on-site. Pretty much in that order. More about all of that on Monday though.

DeV.

Advertisement