Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otter tried to steal my bait.

• 11-02-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭

I was fishing yesterday in the cold,,i had my hood up and while i was baiting up the hook and heard rustling in my bait bag beside me,assuming it was a dog as i seen so many people walking their dogs on the pier that morning i turned to shu the dog,..to my surprise and shock it was a big otter,he just looked at me, turned and walked off without a care in the world,i was so amazed( never seen an otter close up) that i dropped everything and walked around the corner to see where he was going, ever so slowly he walked down the steps of the peir and into the sea and swam off..he was no more than two foot away from me,he had a scarred face and pink patches on his nose.Later i told my father about my experience and he told me he was told that there are many in the area....I was amazed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

gversey wrote: »
    I was fishing yesterday in the cold,,i had my hood up and while i was baiting up the hook and heard rustling in my bait bag beside me,assuming it was a dog as i seen so many people walking their dogs on the pier that morning i turned to shu the dog,..to my surprise and shock it was a big otter,he just looked at me, turned and walked off without a care in the world,i was so amazed( never seen an otter close up) that i dropped everything and walked around the corner to see where he was going, ever so slowly he walked down the steps of the peir and into the sea and swam off..he was no more than two foot away from me,he had a scarred face and pink patches on his nose.Later i told my father about my experience and he told me he was told that there are many in the area....I was amazed.

good for you mate!!!! there's nothing like an unexpected meeting with a wild animal.

once out waiting for pigeons myself a young deer walked straight in front of me and just stared at me. not more than 5 feet away. the young seer just stared at me for a good 2 or three minutes but it seemed like a lifetime. he knnew i was of no danger to him and just put his head down then and walked on.

i hope this year i might be lucky enough to get a good look at some foxes and cubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

stevoman wrote: »
    i hope this year i might be lucky enough to get a good look at some foxes and cubs.
    A fox caller and can of dog food works wonders. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Almost everything you post in this forum annoys me RTDH but here is video for you:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=540_1234005919

Advertisement