Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zara return - help!

Options
  • 11-02-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hello,

I've bought a jacket to offer my wife on xmas back in December in Zara, henry street, it costed 69€. Unfortunately, the size was bigger than what she wears and she would like to return it. She attempted to exchange the jacket for something else up to the same value or get a refund, but when we went there, it was already 1month after the acquisition date so the only option available was to exchange it for something else in the store. We looked around but nothing seemed to catch my wife's eye. Yesterday, she went there as she found something she was interested and she returned back with the jacket and she found out that I lost Zera's receipt but not the laser card receipt describing the the 69€ payment, as it wasn't included inside the bag... to make things even worse the jacket is now priced 29€ and that's what they'd offer in exchange for that jacket... is there anything I can do to have them check that this payment was related to the jacket I want to return in exchange for something priced 69€ or more?

Thanks... my wife is very unhappy with me, because I messed up, losing something important yet again. I wish I could remediate this situation...not as much for the jacket, but for my own comfort and peace of mind, as I'm feeling slightly bad about it.

Thank you so much for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

They don't even have to entertain this at all to be honest, especially if their store policy states they only accept returns within a month. If you get anything then that'll be more than what they have to provide you with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Legally the store has to do nothing as its not their fault you got the incorrect size, best you can hope for is an exchange for the new lowerpriced jacket and be happy they allow you do this...or they give you 29e back.

Which ever they choose to give you they are doing it as goodwill as they don't have to do anything to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

it's crappy but tbh there's little or nothing they can do. stores seem to be tightening up their refund/exchange policy at the min,understandably.also,plenty of shops will only refund you the current price of the item,always thought that was stingy, but it's just the way it is i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I know, change of mind returns in Zara after a month are at current selling price anyway so the receipt wouldn't have made any difference.

Usually I would say ring the manager etc etc but I don't think you have much chance 2 months after you bought it.

Advertisement