Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche stages

Options
  • 11-02-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,
    My D is in a creche and I've noticed the different groups the children are placed in.
    At about 12 months she was moved from the baby group to whatever the next stage is.

I think there are 2 older groups ahead of her.
    The decision to move between the groups for various kids seems a bit arbitrary to me.
    Do all creches have these 4 different stages ?
    Are there criteria for this other than age ?
    If so what are the names and do the prices change because of ratios ?
    None of this was ever explained to me.

Tx
    Pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

There are a few different stages, though I think they are not set in stone.

Baby room - up until they can stand/stagger about a bit
    Wobbler room - when they are walking a little but not steady
    Toddler room - when they are a little older and very steady on feet
    Pre-school - maybe playschool type activities etc

Usually the baby room is more expensive than the other rooms as the staff/child ratio is higher, but after that I think the prices are the same.

I think movement from room to room, in younger years, is supposed to be based on the child rather than on age, but then as child gets older, say pre-school age, then it would be based on age.

I am sure its a little different in every creche, so the above is just a guideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

In the creche my daughter is in there are four stages, all priced the same. (overpriced!!!!!!!)

Advertisement