Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rally scene in 2009?

• 11-02-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was at one rally towards the end of last year and it was more like a house party. The club didn't even bother with a marquee because they expected a small crowd. When the band turned up and took up half the space in the lounge.

With the amount on the dole and cut backs what can we expect this year? I used to spend up to E60 at an average rally which would include juice, cans, grub from the Apostle ETC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

You'r a brave man eating off the apostle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

I was at one rally towards the end of last year and it was more like a house party. The club didn't even bother with a marquee because they expected a small crowd. When the band turned up and took up half the space in the lounge.

With the amount on the dole and cut backs what can we expect this year? I used to spend up to E60 at an average rally which would include juice, cans, grub from the Apostle ETC.

The Rally u are refering to was called the reseccion rally, the lads kept the cost to a minimum and i have to say it was a great night, you weren't surrounded by wanna bees, everyone that was there braved the elements and crap roads to get there. True biker and old style rally, those were the days, everyone went to rallys to meet up and have a laugh........

I luv Carran and the west of Ireland;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Desmonds is definitally on this year, talking to one of the lads.

Desmonds is definitally on this year, talking to one of the lads.

not known a yr it hasn't been on, Dal Riada on the other hand weren't so lucky with venues since that lovely wee pub the Pypers closed their doors.

But have to say Rallys are changing the crowds are different and not always for the better..............

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    not known a yr it hasn't been on, Dal Riada on the other hand weren't so lucky with venues since that lovely wee pub the Pypers closed their doors.

But have to say Rallys are changing the crowds are different and not always for the better..............
    Not that many good venues but with the way the recession is hitting the hotel industry I am sure Dromoland would open their doors. :D

• Advertisement

Not that many good venues but with the way the recession is hitting the hotel industry I am sure Dromoland would open their doors. :D

There are loads of places round Clare that are perfect ;);) Dromoland would be good though , i'd get shortest distance female lmao

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    There are loads of places round Clare that are perfect ;);) Dromoland would be good though , i'd get shortest distance female lmao
    Do I know you? :p

Banner MCC?

Do I know you? :p

Banner MCC?

eh not sure if u know me, who are you and i'll tell ya if ya know me :D

Banner MCC hmmmmmm i know most of em and most of em know me hehehehehehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Well lads the Riverside Rally promises to be mighty craic this week, we're attempting to have our best Rally ever, Check it out! I was at that rally the OP was talking about, An Draíocht Dubh rally up in Carron Co. Clare, Never so cold in my life, camping was soaked, foo was even worse than the apostle, imagine!:D:D

SparKing wrote: »
    foo was even worse than the apostle, imagine!:D:D
    Brendan is not that bad, :) at least he can provde curry chips without lumps of chicken in it. My vegitarian ex almost puked up at the dish offered by one of his competitors.

• Advertisement

SparKing wrote: »
    Well lads the Riverside Rally promises to be mighty craic this week, we're attempting to have our best Rally ever, Check it out! I was at that rally the OP was talking about, An Draíocht Dubh rally up in Carron Co. Clare, Never so cold in my life, camping was soaked, foo was even worse than the apostle, imagine!:D:D

Feck ur weeks must be longer than most, cause i was sure Riverside wasn't on till the 21st and ur post was on 7th hmmmmmm, the No Hopers is the next rally!!

As for the Draoicht Dubh rally, i must tell the lads that they have to control the weather better for next yr LMAO

I agree with Run_to_Da_Hills, the food weren't that bad at all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

The Devil Disciples Gathering at the Man of War outside Lusk on the weekend of the Skerries road races is the best rally in Ireland AFAIK, and I'm not a member of the Disciples BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

it will just go like the 80's with the rallies

marlin vs wrote: »
    You'r a brave man eating off the apostle.
    a rally stomach is wat you need lol

roll on banna :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭shelly.m

anyone going to bars annual bike show run by the Vikings mc for a brother they lost ,its on may bank holiday weekend near coachford in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭shelly.m

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    The Devil Disciples Gathering at the Man of War outside Lusk on the weekend of the Skerries road races is the best rally in Ireland AFAIK, and I'm not a member of the Disciples BTW.

i know alot of the lads,it will be a good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Year and a half year old thread? That'll learn em!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement