Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of Peace

Options
  • 11-02-2009 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to draw attention to this thread in Personal issues;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485827

A few weeks ago I got an infraction for the following post;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58747737&postcount=62

The reason that was given was "Breach of Peace". I fully accepted the infraction as Silverfish held me up for not reading the whole thread. He/She was spot on.I'm just wondering though if someone could define exactly what "Breach of Peace" entails and what has to be said to be infracted under "Breach of Peace"? In the context of the thread that I posted, "Am I spoiled", there are one or two posts that I don't see as constructive. Rather, I'd see them as insulting the OP causing causing the OP upset (upsetting the OP was also a reason that Silverfish gave me for my infraction).

I'm just wondering whether any moderators here would see any of the posts in "Am I Spoiled" as breaching the peace. This is not a complaint about any moderators, they all do a bang up job. I'm just a little fuzzy on what's right and what's not in PI.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

When we are giving an infraction, we have ten options to choose from.
    I presume Silverfish clicked that one because it was the nearest she could find to cover the reason.
    She could easily have clicked on 'being naughty' but that doesn't quite cover it either.
    We work with what we have at our disposal.
    In fairness, your comment was not at all helpful in that thread, at the end of the day, that's why you were infracted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Beruthiel wrote: »
    When we are giving an infraction, we have ten options to choose from.
    I presume Silverfish clicked that one because it was the nearest she could find to cover the reason.
    She could easily have clicked on 'being naughty' but that doesn't quite cover it either.
    We work with what we have at our disposal.
    In fairness, your comment was not at all helpful in that thread, at the end of the day, that's why you were infracted.

In hindsight, I agree. But I did honestly only post that with the best of intentions. Upsetting the OP was the last thing on my mind.

In regards to the "Am I spoiled" thread, to you think any of the posts are unhelpful? I maybe being over critical of some posters but given the context that the OP gave to her situation calling her a Celtic Cub is a tad out of order in my humble opinion.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Depending on the OP and the thread content, threads in PI can be treated differently.

If there is a problem in that other thread, feel free to report any posts you deem against the charter.
    It is thanks to the people who post in PI that we can mod so efficiently.
    We are all busy people and do not have the time to read every single thread. We find 'reported posts' very useful.
    Thanks.

Advertisement