Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guttate Psoriasis...

• 11-02-2009 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm 14 years old and have suffered from psoriasis since I was 11/ 12.

Having tried everything from creams to acupuncture, my Doctor recommended Uv Light Treatment, has anyone tried this in relation to Psoriasis? If so how did you get on with it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I have psosarsis too, with me it comes and goes....if i'm stressed out it flares up and the itch drives me nuts!!

Never tried UV treatment, but i do beleive it works wonders for some people...maybe you should give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The best thing for it apparently is direct sunlight.
    I've had it for about 6 years.
    I've given up pork, dairy, white bread and cut back on sugar and drink (says he with a bottle of red wine beside him) - and its much better.

I've learned that stress it also a factor so if you are getting worked up about anything that may also aggravate it.

The best advise I could give is to start watching your diet. If you notice the itching increasing try and figure out what you are eating that might set it off.

Advertisement