Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland (A) rescheduled

Options
  • 11-02-2009 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

We can confirm that our Barclays Premier League clash with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light will now take place on Saturday March 7, kick off 3pm.

The match was originally scheduled for Saturday February 28 but has been rearranged due to our involvement in the Carling Cup Final the following day.

The subsequent date has been chosen due to both teams having been eliminated from this year's FA Cup competition.

Flights to Newcastle with Ryanair for the day trip can currently be had from Dublin for €15.01. If you're interested let me know, as I can save you a €5 by buying your flight back on my Visa Electron card (have less than €1 left on it, so can only pay for 1c flights :D)

Should be a bargain day out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ed Cummins

seen that ok ,i would have to get tkts for sunderland end though,was gonna say it to a few of the lads sure i'll see whats the crack ,cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ed Cummins wrote: »
    seen that ok ,i would have to get tkts for sunderland end though,was gonna say it to a few of the lads sure i'll see whats the crack ,cheers

We may not sell out our allocation, so might be tickets in away section going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

We may not sell out our allocation, so might be tickets in away section going.

Think you are right there Ronan. With the short notice and the fact that by train from/to London on the day we are talking £80!

I'm cadging a lift from Cambridge which just involves a short train journey from here (Cheshunt).

Often tickets available on the day up there. One of the advantages of such a big stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm cadging a lift from Cambridge which just involves a short train journey from here (Cheshunt).

Do you live in Cheshunt Steve? I can't remember if I've asked you before, do you drink in the Windmall? We've quite a few mates who drink with us in the Coach and Horses who live that neck of the woods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

Do you live in Cheshunt Steve? I can't remember if I've asked you before, do you drink in the Windmall? We've quite a few mates who drink with us in the Coach and Horses who live that neck of the woods.

Yes have done so since getting married in 1994. Prior to that I spent 30+ years in Harlow - both big Spurs areas.

The Windmill being next dor to the station is very convenient. Like last season I expect it will be open very early on Cup Final morning. Full of Spurs fans on match days. Trouble is I'm a bit of a snob for real ale and it rarely delivers on that front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement