Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Track ID

• 11-02-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hi

I have a new Sony Ericsson with the Track ID feature, problem is it doesnt work, keeps asking me for a username and password.
    Have tried using my vodafone a/c details but to no avail. Vodafone support didnt help much either.

Anybody else have this problem?
    Anybody have a solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do vodafone have a music store? have you a log in and password for that...

I know on 3 it searches the web and then directs you to the 3 music store where you can preview or buy the music....there's no username or password required....

Surprised vodafone customer can't help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

your internet settings are most likely wrong (it's most likely set to login required). can you use the internet on the phone normally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Not sure about a music store.
    Tried e-mailing vodafone and they directed me back to Sony, reinstalled firmware etc, no joy.
    Called into a vodafone shop and they tried helping, were a bit clueless. They rang the help line said tech support would text me with a password. No text yet, I had a feeling I was just fobbed off.

I have asked a few friends to try Track ID on their phones (voda) and they have the same problem.

Internet on the phone seems to work ok, tried changing the settings from Vodafone Live to Vodafone MMS to Vodafone MISP, still doesnt work.

have a look at this and see does it help anyway...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17045

have a look at this and see does it help anyway...

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17045

Thanks for the research, unfortunately I had previously tried this but I think the Vodafone Live UK must be configured differently. I cant find ''go to my phone bill'' anywhere.

• Advertisement

Try Vodafone again, seem very bad form they won't help you...

Sorry I can't help you more....i'm not well up on Vodafone...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

i'm not well up on Vodafone...
    Not well up on anything really :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Try Vodafone again, seem very bad form they won't help you...

Sorry I can't help you more....i'm not well up on Vodafone...

If the OP can connect to the Internet fine, then as far as Vodafone are concerned, there is no issue. The OP is using a handset feature so they're not technically obliged to assist, however, these issues are generally either provisioning or APN settings based.

OP, I understand you said you can connect to the Internet fine, you’ve tried different APNs e.g. Vodafone Live!, MISP etc and that your friends are also experiencing issues. What is the model of your handset and where did you get it from? I’ve used the feature on a Meteor handset without issue and can confirm that the service works both over the Meteor WAP and Data APNs. I’m surprised that it won’t work on Vodafone at all using any of the APNs you’ve listed.

Rsaeire wrote: »
    If the OP can connect to the Internet fine, then as far as Vodafone are concerned, there is no issue

That's a bit of a cop out by Voda, they supply phones with that feature, they shoud support it, I couldn't connect to track id when I first saw it on a 3 phone and they stuck with me until it worked, took a few days to get to the root of the problem but they were very helpfull...
    There was another thread about google maps on an LG Viewty and voda seemed not to care again...

That's a bit of a cop out by Voda, they supply phones with that feature, they shoud support it, I couldn't connect to track id when I first saw it on a 3 phone and they stuck with me until it worked, took a few days to get to the root of the problem but they were very helpfull...
    There was another thread about google maps on an LG Viewty and voda seemed not to care again...

There's a fine line between network support and handset support though.

• Advertisement

There's a fine line between network support and handset support though.

Whatever happened to customer support?

Reply I got from tech support was: ''Track Id is a feature of the sony ericcson handsets and is in no way supported by the network''

Funny thing is I got the reply from the email address care@vodafone.ie
    Maybe should be preceeded by lackof

Frustrating to see that the support team on the VodafoneUK website made efforts to solve this problem for the customers, in Ireland however customer care is a little different.:rolleyes:

Phone is a Sony Ericsson, W910i, purchased online from the vodafone website.

glaston wrote: »
    Whatever happened to customer support?
    Phone is a Sony Ericsson, W910i, purchased online from the vodafone website.

I know you can't successfully use either the Vodafone Live! or MISP APNs with Track ID, but can you connect to the Internet using both the Vodafone Live! and MISP APNs?

I know you can't successfully use either the Vodafone Live! or MISP APNs with Track ID, but can you connect to the Internet using both the Vodafone Live! and MISP APNs?

Yes to Vodafone live, just tried with MMS and MISP and they dont allow me to connect to the internet. Whats the difference between them?

Yes to Vodafone live, just tried the internet with MMS and MISP and they dont allow me to connect to the internet. Whats the difference between them?

this is probably a problem with live because it tends to randomly block stuff. MMS is for multi media messages and wouldn't allow you to access the internet but you should be able to access it through MISP and track id should work through it too.

try MISP again. how are you setting it as the default and what happens when you try it?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    this is probably a problem with live because it tends to randomly block stuff. MMS is for multi media messages and wouldn't allow you to access the internet but you should be able to access it through MISP and track id should work through it too.

try MISP again. how are you setting it as the default and what happens when you try it?

Menu - settings - Internet settings - connect using - Vodafone MISP.

Try to connect and it comes up with a default username of vodafone (so I leave it that way) and a password which I cannot see because of the stars. Then it tries to connect but fails with the message ''Communication Failure. Try again or contact your operator for support''.

Yes to Vodafone live, just tried with MMS and MISP and they dont allow me to connect to the internet. Whats the difference between them?

Although you have the MISP settings on your handset, they may be either incorrect or you may not be setup correctly on Vodafone's system to use MISP.

I'd recommend checking the MISP settings on the handset first against those found here and if they're correct, call Vodafone customer care and ensure that you're setup for the MISP APN on their system.

Although you have the MISP settings on your handset, they may be either incorrect or you may not be setup correctly on Vodafone's system to use MISP.

I'd recommend checking the MISP settings on the handset first against those found here and if they're correct, call Vodafone customer care and ensure that you're setup for the MISP APN on their system.

Thanks but which are the settings for MISP (I can only see MMS and vodafone live)

Thanks but which are the settings for MISP (I can only see MMS and vodafone live)

go to edit the MISP settings and you should see the following:

APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    username: vodafone
    password: vodafone
    login request: off (i think this is on on yours)
    allow calls: automatic
    ip address: blank
    dns address: blank
    authentication: tick only PAP
    data commression: off
    header compr.: off

and you should see settings for a proxy. it should be set not to use one

on most sony ericssons you need to go out of internet settings and into data communication to see those options but i think on the w910i it's all in internet settings

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    go to edit the MISP settings and you should see the following:

APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    username: vodafone
    password: vodafone
    login request: off (i think this is on on yours)
    allow calls: automatic
    ip address: blank
    dns address: blank
    authentication: tick only PAP
    data commression: off
    header compr.: off

Login request was set to on, everything else was as above.
    Changed and tried again to connect to the internet using MISP but am still getting the communication failure. Maybe I should ask vodafone to set me up for MISP as Rsaeire has suggested?

Thanks

Just a thought...

Do Vodafone have a music store, for example like 3 with http://web.3roi.groovemobile.net/webstore/

I can't recall ever seen an ad for their music store, if they've no music store where are they meant to get the music from so you can preview it....could it be a case that it just can't work as there's nothing to back up the service...

Anyone know anything about o2 or Meteor and track id? Where's meteor get it music from?

• Advertisement

Just a thought...

Do Vodafone have a music store, for example like 3 with http://web.3roi.groovemobile.net/webstore/

I can't recall ever seen an ad for their music store, if they've no music store where are they meant to get the music from so you can preview it....could it be a case that it just can't work as there's nothing to back up the service...

Anyone know anything about o2 or Meteor and track id? Where's meteor get it music from?
    Meteor doesn’t have an online music store, but O2 do. In saying that, the information available from both operators is identical and only standard track information is available, with no links to buy any music. The information available depends on the handset, as a Sony Ericsson W910i will give more information and options than a mid-range Sony Ericsson handset:

Track ID Information available on the W910i is as follows:

Song name:
    Artist name:
    Album name:
    Album track listing; if applicable.
    Save result:
    Artist info:
    Find similar music:
    Send the music info via SMS:
    Track ID Charts:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

I have a Vodafone SE K850i since last June. Track ID worked perfectly until about 2 weeks ago. I have not changed any internet settings on the phone and I access via Vodafone Live. The problem must be at the gracenote end (they provide Track ID application)

Bloody nuisance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I have a Vodafone SE K850i since last June. Track ID worked perfectly until about 2 weeks ago. I have not changed any internet settings on the phone and I access via Vodafone Live. The problem must be at the gracenote end (they provide Track ID application)

Bloody nuisance!

Working with 3 so I would pay its a vodafone problem and not gracenote.

I tested Track ID with Meteor and O2 recently without incident, so it may be an issue with Vodafone.

Right, I have been back to a different vodafone shop.
    Assistant was immediately familiar with the problem. Apparently Sony Ericsson and Vodafone are aware of it too and are working together to try ans solve it! Should be sorted in a week or so, hopefully.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Right, I have been back to a different vodafone shop.
    Assistant was immediately familiar with the problem. Apparently Sony Ericsson and Vodafone are aware of it too and are working together to try ans solve it! Should be sorted in a week or so, hopefully.:D
    Let us know how you get on, might be useful to others :)

Just a thought...

The track id service is independent of the operator. The sample gets uploaded to a sony ericsson service and the network is just a bit pipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭zacseph

Hmm - well I used it last night through vodafone live and worked fine - does your phone have wifi or anything that you could see if it's the phone itself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 one hung low

:mad:hi,can anyone help i have a samsung korea ezio phone and i cant send or receive picture messages does anyone have the settings please:D

• Advertisement

:mad:hi,can anyone help i have a samsung korea ezio phone and i cant send or receive picture messages does anyone have the settings please:D

You should really start a new thread rather than bump a completely unrelated thread.

All the settings are in the settings sticky here:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939

Advertisement