Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any pros willing to let an amateur tag along?

• 11-02-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Basically I'd like to try and get some more specific experience in a couple of different areas so I was wondering if any pros would be willing to let me tag along and learn a bit from them.

I'd ideally take some pictures myself as well with my own gear if possible and anything I take would be the pro's to use if it was up to scratch (and if not hopefully I could get some feedback on what to do next time)

Just an idea and it may not be a runner but if a photog's interested in swapping some knowledge in exchange for a bit of company and a free gopher then great! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

What are you interested in doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Oh, and where!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Anything and everything really, Sports, Weddings, Portraits, Product Shots.. For me it's more about getting general experience and trying out a few different things to see what I really enjoy and (hopefully) have a flair for.

I'm based in Dublin but can Travel if there's something worth traveling for! Work for myself so while weekends\evenings are ideal I can make something during a normal work day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I have no idea what level you are at.

I would imagine though that a keen amatuer would be more likely to be of use to a professional than a complete beginner. Someone say asking whats an f stop might just be in the way tbh.

Hehe I'm not a complete beginner. I know all the basics at this stage (not claiming to be an expert but I certainly understand what an f stop is and am very comfortable taking pics in manual) and am looking to take my photos to the next level.

I get what you're saying completely, this isn't me looking for a free beginners course or anything like that. I do feel I can actually be of use to a photog on a shoot or else I wouldn't ask :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

It'd probably be an idea to stick up a few of your images or a link to your Flickr account so that anyone that might be interested can get a better idea of your level, skill and whathaveyou. Sll they have so far is your word! :)

Hehe fair point, I have nothing recent up but here's my pix.ie account:

http://pix.ie/gambler

Last pics up there are from November I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Well, to be honest, I am in similar position. But in my case is it more like motivation to do something more about photography. I cannot become a pro ever :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

While I'm not a full-time pro, for sports, you can tag along with me sometime, but it won't be this weekend. Too late to organise access for this week, with the internation football tonight, and international A rugby this Fri (not sure if I can attend yet).

I'll see what events I have the following weekend (can't think of anything right now), and will let you know.

Hehe Valentines weekend in my first year of marriage would be a no no for me too but would definitely love to come to anything the week after! Should have my 70-200 2.8 by then too :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement