Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio

Options
  • 11-02-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Does anyone know any link i can get VS for free? I know about DreamSpark for student but i am still waiting for the IT guys in college to set up an account for me. It's day 3!:rolleyes:

Thanks
    N

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I know about the express but i need the full version as the express limits me... And i need it to use with Microsoft Silverlight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

You won't get a link to download a pirate copy (which is your only option for the full version) here but afaik you can create silverlight apps using the express edition?

Edit - yep you can use Visual Web Developer Express with SP1 http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

How about downloading a legit trial from Microsoft and entering your product key you get from Dreakspark when you get set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

If you're a student you can't need it that badly :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You should be able to get a student license for the full version but it seems that the express edition is good enough.

Anyway, you can searhc for MS Authorised Educational Resellers here: https://aer.microsoft.com/aer/searchaer.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

check if your college is part of the msdn academic alliance. Should get it free with that, if you are part of a programming heavy course they would be signed up to this usually.

Advertisement