Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money international to bank of ireland a/c

Options
  • 11-02-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Last week i transfer a small amount of money from my bank account in the United states to my BOI a/c using Xoom. I only trasferred 100 dollars as i was a first time user. The money finally arrived into my BOI account after 5 days. They only charge $4.95 to use their service.

Last wednesday i then transferred a larger amount, $400 through my bank in the states to my account with the BOI. I have done this many times before and usually its in my account after 2-3 days. The money hasnt arrived yet. Should it take this long. Should i contact my bank here in the states as all the details were correct, account number, swift code, address of bank. I have emailed Banking 365 support but havent gotten anything back from them yet.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Generally Eur to USA and vice versa takes up to 5 working days. If it's not in the account tomorrow, ring your account holding branch and see if they can see it pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

galwaydude wrote: »
    Last week i transfer a small amount of money from my bank account in the United states to my BOI a/c using Xoom. I only trasferred 100 dollars as i was a first time user. The money finally arrived into my BOI account after 5 days. They only charge $4.95 to use their service.

Last wednesday i then transferred a larger amount, $400 through my bank in the states to my account with the BOI. I have done this many times before and usually its in my account after 2-3 days. The money hasnt arrived yet. Should it take this long. Should i contact my bank here in the states as all the details were correct, account number, swift code, address of bank. I have emailed Banking 365 support but havent gotten anything back from them yet.

Call them. If the money hasn't arrived by Friday, ask them to open a "Bene claims non receipt" file.
    Email, in fairness, gives them no opportunity to define you are a genuine punter. The amount of spam in your own inbox will probably hep you to appreciate this (I'm not trying to be clever by the way).

Advertisement