Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing my first skydive next month

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've decided on doing an AFF level 1 with IPC then take it from there.

cool man go for it you will have a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Pretty sure I've decided on doing an AFF level 1 with IPC then take it from there.

Anyone any experience with this club?
    How busy are they? I was going to get this organised after my exams, but should I get in there ASAP?

I done my static line course with the IPC a few years ago,they have a lot of new AAF instructers over the last year so just turn up every fine weekend and you should be licensed in no time,it's all down to luck but I've heard of students getting 3 or 4 jumps on a good weekend.it took me a year to get my licence,I live a 2 hours from the club though so if you live closer you are more likely to be there every weekend and progress faster.There are pros and cons to AAF and static line but if I was going again I'd do AAF,at least you get to freefall from the start which is the fun part:D Whatever route you go you will not regret it,just be prepared to become addicted!You will not meet a sounder bunch of people than skydivers no matter where you go in the world:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

rustynutz wrote: »
    I done my static line course with the IPC a few years ago,they have a lot of new AAF instructers over the last year so just turn up every fine weekend and you should be licensed in no time,it's all down to luck but I've heard of students getting 3 or 4 jumps on a good weekend.it took me a year to get my licence,I live a 2 hours from the club though so if you live closer you are more likely to be there every weekend and progress faster.There are pros and cons to AAF and static line but if I was going again I'd do AAF,at least you get to freefall from the start which is the fun part:D Whatever route you go you will not regret it,just be prepared to become addicted!You will not meet a sounder bunch of people than skydivers no matter where you go in the world:o

Great, just what I wanted to hear. Was worried I'd spend most of the summer waiting for appointments.

I'm only an hour away from the club so getting down for jump will be no problem, getting money to go every weekend will be a problem though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Guys apologies for this sidestep on the thread but its so funny, May I introduce Skydiving Bear.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8373165428322827115

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 funcycle21

HA! nice little video! reminds me of a girl I used to know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement