Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And they say Ireland has a binge drinking problem.......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_glass

There ye go - germany is only 20ml. We're 35. What a pussy that kid was :rolleyes:

The poor kid is dead and you callin him a pussy? Cmon have some respect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Pft, I had 24 for lunch!

Would of had more but I was drivin :o

The Fatter you are, the more you can take so all the big heads here who can "Drink a lot" are just admitting theyre Fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

16, stephens green, litre of vodka. I never used a mixer, drank it straight from the bottle. finished about 85% before some scumbag robbed it on me... I sobered up pretty fast, few hours. Now I get dizzy on 4 pints. I have no idea how I was able to drink like that...

Is it wrong that I like the idea of trying this :o I remember beer bonging a six pack of stonehouse cider in about 10-15 minutes one time. It was sorta cool going from sober to plastered in such a short space of time. Back when I was younger though....prob too old for it now^^ha
    nope, it's not wrong to want to do it :P

jus don't do it in half an hour.. lying in bed the next day by heartrate was 120 for maybe 6 hours not even moving. tried to walk to the shower but heart rate increased and had to crawl, then i sat in the shower with it on and fell asleep. one of the lads found me that night asleep naked on the toilet (seat down) :o disgrace. my body wasn't strong enough to stand like.. scary to think what my heart was doin so fast for so long.

oh yea, dont do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its embarrassing how some people use this thread to recount their worst drinking experiences and use said experiences as some kind of macabre badge of honour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

sounds like cheap vinegar tasting stuff...

get some homebrew in their and see if they can drink a cup full of that before passing out let alone 45 shots...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

lol what's that from. Never heard it before.

ever seen the simpsons? homer sings it!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

cson wrote: »
    Its embarrassing how some people use this thread to recount their worst drinking experiences and use said experiences as some kind of macabre badge of honour.

You're embarrassing^^

is it embarressing for said persons or for the country?

in ireland from 15-20, it is a badge of honor, like it or not. disagree or agree, it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

is it embarressing for said persons or for the country?

in ireland from 15-20, it is a badge of honor, like it or not. disagree or agree, it's true.

not really, depends on the situation... if your having a laugh about drinking, its fine, if not but you still mention them... you get the dirty looks... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Prosecutors accuse the barman of having also served alcohol illegally to youths on 173 occasions in 2005-2007.

What an exact number...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

theres a student bar in town here where the wednesday night special is 2cl shots (Jäger, Sambucca, Vodka etc..) for 50cent each. but only if you buy 20 of them at a time. otherwise the shots are €1 each. needless to say everyone ends up wasted by closing time of 5am. theres beer specials too!

i dont go there often eneough.
    What an exact number...
    it is germany...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

after a night of drinking on the town, back at a mates house i downed a pint of vodka in one go, cant remember much after that but woke up after pissing myself which was embarrassing as i had to make my way home then and my chin cut open from where i fell onto my face- party over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Go away then, don't read it...

There was a question, we are answering it. What's the problem? It's not a badge of honour or anything like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

bubonicus wrote: »
    need to make tequila illegal now I guess.

Was just about to say that! No doubt if it happened here Joe Duffy callers would be up in arms and tequila would be banned within the week. Calls would sound a bit like this...

Caller: "my daughter drank 12 shots of tequila last saturday joe, she couldn't walk and was sick on herself. this stuff should be banned, it's shocking joe"

Joe: "This tequila is available in hundreds of shops, even kids under 18 are getting access to it, shops that sell it should be boycotted, the people that sell it are just interested in profits etc etc etc..."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good point, it should be banned. :pac:

Advertisement