Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - Upload your photos faster with 7MB Download!!!

Options
  • 11-02-2009 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

There is an Eircom ad on boards that is blantant misleading advertising. In huge letters it says "Upload your photos faster with up to 7mb broadband". In small letters it says "7mb broadband makes uploading photos faster". When you click on the banner it takes you to the bundle details where buried in the links you will find the upload speed is actually 384kbs.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd suggest you post this in feedback but you'll likely be better off bringing this up with the http://www.asai.ie/ also in relation to the content of the advert,
    I havce not seen the advert myself

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Yeah the ad confused me quite a bit actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I think what Eircom means is the faster your download speed is, the faster your upload speed is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Isn't "7mb broadband" the name of the package/product they're selling? A package which includes 384kbs upload speeds.

Eircom's other packages have lower upload speeds (and upload is always considerably less than download), so the claim that having "7mb broadband" will allow you to upload photos faster is true tbh.

I haven't seen the ad though, but unless they're implying that actual upload speeds are 7mb then I wouldn't see a problem with it.

7mb broadband has faster upload speed than (eg.) 3mb broadband. True.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Goodshape wrote: »
    7mb broadband has faster upload speed than (eg.) 3mb broadband. True.

Actually that isn't true. 7 and 3Mb both have 384Kb upload. The 1Mb has a 128Kb upload and the 7.6Mb has a 896Kb upload (not too sure about that last one but it's in and arounds that)

• Advertisement
Advertisement