Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help re: Model 'too complicated' Mayhem

• 11-02-2009 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

So, I tried registering on Model Mayhem but the app got rejected

Of course it says 'find out yourself why you were rejected'

My 4 photos are as follows:

1) a portrait of a girl at her debs

2) a couple at their engagement party

3) same couple again different pose

4) a friend playing guitar on stage

The t&c's state:

Photographer Requirements
    Need human models
    Photographers must have at least (4) different photos specifically of human models. Children, cars, landscapes, animals, etc do not count.

We want to see variety
    You need at least (2) different models or (2) different locations.

So is it my gig shot causing the problem? the T&C's dont say the pics have to be taken in a studio :confused:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Maybe... Change it and try again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

man my app took soooooooooo long to get approved. When I got approved I had almost forgotten about the site lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

What's Model Mayhem...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Model photography is about a subject posing for you.
    I very much doubt that they'd consider gig photography.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

oki coki.. il take out the gig shot

• Advertisement

It shouldn't take that long?

I think my application was only about an hour. I was probably lucky though! :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I think my application was only about an hour. I was probably lucky though! :-/
    An hour!!!?? I wish mine took that long. Mine was some time between 1-2 weeks :( There was a disclaimer in the email to tell me that there was a huge Q. Maybe I was unlucky

Anyways, its a good site. Especially if you are travelling to another country. Ireland is not that active tbh though.

Ireland can be quiet enough, I don't use the site too much anymore, but I've made some good friends off it.

Tbh, the 'glam' side of it turns me off... I think I've 4 or 5 requests there that I'm just not bothered with...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I have to get few portraits first to apply there first. Well, hopefully sooner than later. I have bad feeling that I should be in a hurry about my photography and projects :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The site was down when I checked - what's the purpose of it?

• Advertisement

Getting in contact with other photographers, models, MUA's, stylists etc

Handy place to go if you're setting up a shoot and don't want to use an agency, or want experience for portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Getting in contact with other photographers, models, MUA's, stylists etc Handy place to go if you're setting up a shoot and don't want to use an agency, or want experience for portfolio.

I have used it tons of times without any problems and Al says its great for getting people without the added aggro of going through an agency

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

do you have to be a pro/semi pro?

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Nope!

so its amateur photogs and amteur models etc just getting together for shoot experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

If its models ye are after then don't forget folio32.com - haven't personally organised a model shoot from it, but from what I've read on their forums - it is a place for photographers and models to get together (paid and non paid assignments). It appears to have an Irish focus too (Southern and Northern).

As with any new forum - get to know the ropes before launching the "please come pose for me" request :)

It's everything and everyone from beginners to pro's on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Of course it says 'find out yourself why you were rejected'

TBH sounds like they have thier head up their 'fecal depositor'

Well, tbh, you can imagine a lot of people would apply there every day, it's unrealistic to send each one of them a detailed reply on why they didn't get in.

It'd also be more insulting if they sent you a message saying "your 4th photo is sh*t", rather than just asking you to apply again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

jesus Al, thank god my feelings arent bruised eaily lol

nah, i wouldnt expect an email back, just for them to have a few more t&c's

il give the other place folio a try.. i seriously need to get cracking on my portraits!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i signed up bout a week ago, pretty quick reply... i'm in.... not really arsed now tho :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Getting in contact with other photographers, models, MUA's, stylists etc

Jésus can you believe I had to look up MUA? I'm losing it, or have alread lost it, I can rest easy now dreaming about mail user agents.

:p

They're so darn handy :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was only aquainted with that term recently myself. When I first saw it I was wondering why a Model or Photographer would be involving the Maritime Union of Australia in their shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

And what it stands for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

ThOnda wrote: »
    And what it stands for?

1 Make-up air, typically a component in a heating ventilating air conditioning (HVAC) system to control air infiltration and balance exhaust air
    2 MakeupAlley
    3 Mail User Agent, an e-mail client
    4 Make-up artist
    5 Manipulation under anesthesia
    6 Maritime Union of Australia
    7 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    8 Maurer United Architects
    9 Medical University Of The Americas
    10 Medically Underserved Area
    11 Meritorious Unit Award, of the United States Air Force
    12 Modes Users Association

One of the above :-)
    Can I just add ... no. 5 is definately not something to mention if you're trying to get models :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

hah.gif The Maratime Union of Australia of course!

Then some of the Make Up Artists may disagree. speechless-smiley-005.gif

Advertisement