Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with 360 E74 issue

• 11-02-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi, not sure what to do, was hoping somebody here could help me out.

My 360 suddenly won't work. Everytime I try to turn it on, I get an "E74" error message and a blinking red light. This used to happen every once in a while but now happens every time.

What should I do? I have the receipt and the console for about 9 months now. Is it best to contact Microsoft or the retail outlet (Zavvi, Sligo) in this case?

Any help/opinions appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Can you try a different AV cable? i think the E74 message is usually a problem to do with that.... if not, then it's away to Microsoft for a month as it'll probably be a hardware issue!

Zavvi's are all closed in Ireland now as far as i know so returning it to the shop isn't an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 JmcG

Thanks for quick reply Bombleswizzum, will try my HDMI lead as soon as I get it back this week (have been using the supplied AV cable as it has separate audio outputs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

ring m$ asap, 99% its not a cable but scaler chip on the mainboard.

If you still have warranty DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT YOURSELF!!!

let people from m$ do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

My other xbox has it, sortig it out now,

Ring MS,

Tell them the problem, tell them you have tried all the trouble shooting etc and they will explain what to do from there.

This was my problem http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055460012

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was getting that error occasionally on my old box and it generally just required a re-wiggleing of the video cable.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your replies. I ended up ringing Microsoft and am now awaiting their response (after having sent them a scan of the receipt).

Believe its a year warranty to everything other than RROD.

E74 Is the HANA and GPU loosing connection, which is why the Heatgun Fix is used to fix em.

But if its under warranty that would be more permanent fix.

cisk wrote: »
    Believe its a year warranty to everything other than RROD.

Got a call back from Microsoft yesterday, turns out consoles in Ireland have a two year warranty (thought it was only one year myself) :), still waiting to see what they're going to do about the console though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

JmcG wrote: »
    Got a call back from Microsoft yesterday, turns out consoles in Ireland have a two year warranty (thought it was only one year myself) :), still waiting to see what they're going to do about the console though...

Yep. I was told the same thing. The Irish are special.

Advertisement