Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garage Roof

• 11-02-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I have a 25' x 33' garage flat (Slight slope)roof that i need to complete. What would the cheapest type of roof I could put on to this roof? (Was thinking galvanise) I have a fair idea on how to do the work myself, but just wondering is there anywhere online I can see plans for this type of roof. I basically want to build it the cheapest way possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

depending on the slope galvanised shets would probably be cheapest. If the slope is too gentle then you may need to strenghten up your structure to take into account snow loading etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

If you know any local sheeting agents, call in and see them as they usually have some in their yards that were ordered wrongly. There is a painted single skin box profile sheet available as well that's around the same price as the galvanised sheets but just looks a lot better. (Depending on the colour)

Pay heed to Slig's advice re the strengthening of the structure as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 thunderRoad

Advertisement