Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E51 I HATE MY PHONE

• 11-02-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

I'll admit I'm not the most technical person in the world, but OMYGOD I hate the E51.
    I got it about 6 weeks ago and we've never hit it off. The keys keep jamming, getting to Call Divert is a pain, contact list is confusing and now in the past few days the sound has gone funny - everyone sounds like they are in a tunnel.

Is it just me, or is this phone a heap of Junk? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Its just you :-)

I have one since November, I think its excellent, though would prefer the E71. Mine is on 02, its provided by work. I use the WiFi for VOIP calls, I have also loaded Fring, again I use it with the WiFi.

Its a very versatile phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its a very nice phone but the battery in mine doesn't last very long.

sounds like you got a lemon. they are not all like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mylow wrote: »
    Its just you :-)

I have one since November, I think its excellent, though would prefer the E71. Mine is on 02, its provided by work. I use the WiFi for VOIP calls, I have also loaded Fring, again I use it with the WiFi.

Its a very versatile phone.

+1

Superb phone alright. Only thing I have against it, and it's a small point, is the lack of GPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Would the N78 be a good alternative to the E51 then, considering price etc?

Thinking of getting a phone for the other half

Thanks

N-series are a kind of dumbed down consumer yuppie facebook icon variant of the E series. the E75 and e63 should be good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

666bxg wrote: »
    Would the N78 be a good alternative to the E51 then, considering price etc?

Thinking of getting a phone for the other half

Thanks

My girlfriend replaced her e51 with an n78 when it took a bath. She decided that it would be a waste to get the same phone again and with the n78 opted for something new. It was a bad choice. The n78 constantly freezes on her as well as reboots fairly regularly. Could be the Vodafone muck messing with it, but she'd go back to the e51 in a heartbeat if she could.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deise-lady wrote: »
    I'll admit I'm not the most technical person in the world, but OMYGOD I hate the E51.
    I got it about 6 weeks ago and we've never hit it off. The keys keep jamming, getting to Call Divert is a pain, contact list is confusing and now in the past few days the sound has gone funny - everyone sounds like they are in a tunnel.

The E51 is an excellent phone with excellent battery life. The keys are actually jamming on my mothers but I just pushed them in a little harder from the side and top to kick them into place and so far so good. Not sure how getting to call divery is a pain and the contact list is nearly the same as it is in all Nokias..

It seems your just not used to the newer Nokias and only one fault being the keypad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Just you. I've had mine since September and haven't had a single problem. I did have one before that that broke after a month though, but it was just a dud. I eventually got a refund for it. If yours is experiencing problems (other than complicated software) it might be worth your while getting a repair done.

It's a wonderful phone, I couldn't recommend it more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

My girlfriend replaced her e51 with an n78 when it took a bath. She decided that it would be a waste to get the same phone again and with the n78 opted for something new. It was a bad choice. The n78 constantly freezes on her as well as reboots fairly regularly. Could be the Vodafone muck messing with it, but she'd go back to the e51 in a heartbeat if she could.

i actually decided on buying the e51 or the N78.
    i went with the N78 and never had one bit of problem with it.
    well 1 really technical one that i can live with.

really like the e51 though. never heard anything bad about it til now.
    (not flash enough to go back from the n78 though :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Anyone tried the E63? Only €249 sim free seems like good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I bought the e51 on advice from a few boardsies.And they were right, its a bloody good phone.Some great applications for it, and a pretty neat lay-out.Could understand how it could annoy some people , but for me.I wouldn't part with it.:D

eamon234 wrote: »
    Anyone tried the E63? Only €249 sim free seems like good value.

holy shiat my e51 cost nearly that much sim free. well 200 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

My E51 is still like new, love that phone, best Nokia i ever had, and I've gone thorugh about 20 Nokias.

Sleek, cool, and can do a lot more than some phones of that size out there. Video quality is top notch. Feels sturdy too, very well put together :)

Poor little bugger never had a chance though, i got an iPhone last month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

My advice to you would be to bring it back to the shop where you bought it and and let them send it off for repair.
    Have to say i think its a great phone, very well built and packed with features. Couldn't live without wifi on my phone now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

My mum has got one and for someone who had problems working a 3210 this phone is a nightmere for her. This is where I come in a son who is doing comp sci he'll know what to do and tbh I dont like it either. Menus are clunky and unresponsive which remind of an old 6600 I had (first symbian nokia I believe) and which has put me off nokia phones for the forseeable future.

I can see why people like the phone but for me I'd throw against the wall if I had to use it on a regular basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

You must be joking! The E51 is lighting fast, it has a 350 MHz processor, and it has always been very very quick in the menu, and usually only crash about once a week. And I am a heavy user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

towel401 wrote: »
    holy shiat my e51 cost nearly that much sim free. well 200 anyway

What did you find the e63 for that price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭LINDA08

I posted the same last year, I had terrible trouble with mine, however I do have rhumatology issues with my hands. The shop replaced the first set for me as they said there was a fault but I have never used the new one, went back to my 6101 so I feel your pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Hmmmm...thanks for all the replies.

I'm wondering if I got a Monday phone, as it's just not right.

Might just chuck it and start again with a simpler phone.

Suggestions most welcome... :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hmmmm...thanks for all the replies.

I'm wondering if I got a Monday phone, as it's just not right.

Might just chuck it and start again with a simpler phone.

Suggestions most welcome... :)

Dont chuck it - at least sell it on if you want to get rid of it.

Can you specifically tell us the problems you are having so we can tell if its user or phone? If its phone issue, you can get it repaired/replaced under the Nokia Warranty.

• Advertisement

a lot of people find the e series interface hard to use. Its particularly unpopular with women for some reason. Theyd prefer a nice touchy slidey colourful and simplified interface with a facebook icon on the main screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

towel401 wrote: »
    a lot of people find the e series interface hard to use. Its particularly unpopular with women for some reason. Theyd prefer a nice touchy slidey colourful and simplified interface with a facebook icon on the main screen

Ordinarily, I would have taken offense at such a patronising post, however, I just went and bought a pink phone with a simplified everything, so I guess I can't :D

Ordinarily, I would have taken offense at such a patronising post, however, I just went and bought a pink phone with a simplified everything, so I guess I can't :D

No recession for some!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

flodis79 wrote: »
    What did you find the e63 for that price?

Here

Advertisement