Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to repair celing after burst pipe

Options
  • 11-02-2009 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

The builder hit one of the pipes in the upstairs bathroom with a nail causing water to flood down through the celing affecting part of the kitchen and sittingroom. They took down a section of celing on both sides and replaced it. The replaced section is not entirely level with the older celing and even when it is painted you can see the join. (It has been painted several times). I do NOT want to get the builders back as they make a bigger mess everytime they "fix" someting! Is there anything that can be done to hide this, a paint perhaps, - I do not want to have the entire celing redone.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

ArdDonagh wrote: »
    The builder hit one of the pipes in the upstairs bathroom with a nail causing water to flood down through the celing affecting part of the kitchen and sittingroom. They took down a section of celing on both sides and replaced it. The replaced section is not entirely level with the older celing and even when it is painted you can see the join. (It has been painted several times). I do NOT want to get the builders back as they make a bigger mess everytime they "fix" someting! Is there anything that can be done to hide this, a paint perhaps, - I do not want to have the entire celing redone.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I wouldn't think there is any way to hide the difference in levels with any sort of paint alone, but Artex would. However, you would have to cover the whole ceiling. If the difference in levels is very small then lining paper over the ceiling followed by painting would probably do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

the easiest way to do it is to sand down the edges of new plaster and lightly fill the edges with polyfilla .then the polyfilla can be sanded down and painted and it would definately improve the situation.

l've done it loads of times and most of the time it virtually disappears depending on how good a job the plasterer did at patching up the ceiling.

lining paer would also work but its a bigger job than my sugestion.

Advertisement