Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are these so cheap?

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

i'm not to sure if i'm alowed ask this but if im not just delete it mods.

anyway i was looking around and found RSOV.com

I was looking at the prices and things seem very cheap, too cheap infact. is there a reason for this or are they just really cheap?

for instance, if you look at this http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=1293 its a m203 launcher for 6 dollars? and the ones in ireland cost around 150? surely theres something wrong here apart from its plastic?

Regards,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

6 dollars? it fires one bb as its a springer!

The prices exclude shipping and vat, big costs are added by these things, that shop is hong kong based.

Have a look through the new player forum, lots of info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,837 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's spring powered.

The expensive ones are gas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

i see, how much more money would we be talking about, also whats the diffence between a gas + springer 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Springers in most forms are crap skirmish wise, sniper rifles and 3 shot shotguns are the exception to the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

gas one is powered by gas...and usually fires alot more bb's i dont know how many exactly...that one is powered by a spring...which means 1 shot and chances are its not powerful at all

EDIT :zero got there before me...

• Advertisement

i see i see, thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also: If you do buy a M203, get GOOD grenades (Madbull?) I've seen no end of sob stories caused by shoddy nades.

will do, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

gas one is powered by gas...and usually fires alot more bb's i dont know how many exactly...that one is powered by a spring...which means 1 shot and chances are its not powerful at all

EDIT :zero got there before me...

i have a gas one and i have 180 shot grenades for it.....it fires all 180 bb's at once:eek:

you can get nades in all sorts of sizes up to about 240 shot i think.

if you plan on skirmishing stay away from springers, you'll only end up sore:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Irish Trinity

i have a gas one and i have 180 shot grenades for it.....it fires all 180 bb's at once:eek:

you can get nades in all sorts of sizes up to about 240 shot i think.

if you plan on skirmishing stay away from springers, you'll only end up sore:D[/QUOTE

wow up to 240?...wouldnt want to run into one of them in the warehouse:P

and i can imagine someone looking all badass with here launcher only to find out it fires 1 shot:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

wow up to 240?...wouldnt want to run into one of them in the warehouse:P

and i can imagine someone looking all badass with here launcher only to find out it fires 1 shot:D

yeah you'd know all about getting hit with 240 bb's close range like out there!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

im curious too as ive seen a sniper on that site for cheap enough but it fires over the 1j limit.

would that get to ireland ok as i would be downgrading it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

No, it must be downgraded before entering the country. As far as I know, RSOV stopped doing downgrade services so it's not an option.
    The rifles are cheap, but factor in shipping via courier (the only option for Ireland) and the 25% of the final cost customs are going to charge for it entering the country end you'll find it's not so much of a bargain anymore. In fact, I've seen more than a few occasions where it ended up cheaper to buy from Irish or UK stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

good to know thanks,

so theres no way of it gettin in the country if its over the limit?

whats postage like cost wise?

If a rifle is over the limit, it's illegal to import it. I'd like to stress "illegal", if it's sent by customs to Garda Ballistics, as can happen on occasion, and it's found to be over 1J, the rifle will be destroyed and charges could be brought against you for importing a firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I was thinking of buying some 40mm grenades and a launcher from RSOV, would I be able to get them into the country ok? and how hard would customs hit me?

You shouldn't have problems with launchers and grenades, though there have been a couple of incidents in the past where launchers were taken in for testing and were missing for months, that seems to have eased off now though.

I've gotten grenades off RSOV in the past, trying out their Vanaras POM and aluminium grenades for effectiveness. RSOV have good prices, but they're very expensive on shipping and factor 25% extra for customs charges (which you will be charged).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

NakedDex wrote: »
    You shouldn't have problems with launchers and grenades, though there have been a couple of incidents in the past where launchers were taken in for testing and were missing for months, that seems to have eased off now though.

I've gotten grenades off RSOV in the past, trying out their Vanaras POM and aluminium grenades for effectiveness. RSOV have good prices, but they're very expensive on shipping and factor 25% extra for customs charges (which you will be charged).

Thank yooh! :D
    Just need to get money sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭doubletap

NakedDex wrote: »
    but factor in shipping via courier (the only option for Ireland)

theres also surface mail if you don't mind waiting.

Advertisement