Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United Nations - Stoneybatter -

• 11-02-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Hidden away in a small part of Stoneybatter is this tranquil place, there was a
    white sky and while we had a very good thread on this problem I'm afraid I still don't know how to deal with it.
    Met another photographer there with a tripod and asked him was he from Boards, he wasn't!
    He had a northern accent and I said are you from Donegal....he wasn't, Armagh.
    I asked no more questions. :mad:

3AB075482B9145948F7D441EE70ED6FF-800.jpg

99D1E1D8D48E4CEC9D51D4699867A4A2-800.jpg

F47E006B585D429FB79943D030A6D190-800.jpg

A5821754BEC6423286DF2C911929448D-800.jpg

Few more here....
    http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/334541

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I used to live down the road from there... Never got to it though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I see what you meant about the 24-105L barrel effect wide open btw, look at the lampost in pic #4, as per usual I've this habit of shooting wide open.

Ah it's not noticably bad tbh!

I've seen much worse :)

If you're down there again, I'd get much lower to the ground when I'm shooting locations like this - Anyone can see it standing up, get a different viewpoint in and see what happens!

Or even get in VERY close (min focusing distance) with the 50 1.4 on that gun and see what comes out of it!

Was on the way back from the pub and heading down for curry chips when my mate spotted the garden and wasn't going to shoot but she edged me on too, I was in and out within 6 mins I guess taking these shots, must check my pixie times actually...

brb

Yep! I took 11 pics and discarded one of 'em, started pics at 1.41 and finished at 1.47, thats quick going!! and that includes walking inside where the gun was!!

Curry? Garlic cheese ftw.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't set foot in that chipper again, was muck!
    And thats with drink on me....normally I'll devour anything with booze and not complain.
    /must drink more next time to nullify them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

My friend lives beside it. Passed it Sunday morning and really wanted to take photos while it was covered in snow but I was rushing for a train. Missed opportunity.

Advertisement