Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dear Frank Fahey (and all FF reps)

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭

Dear Frank

In the unlikely event that you or one of your lackeys read this forum, this is an open letter to advise you of the following:

For the forthcoming local elections, and indeed all future elections, I am requesting, nay, strongly recommending for your own health that you do not attempt to canvass my vote on the doorstep. I will outline several reasons for this.

While in government, your party (Fianna FAIL) has overseen the biggest economic boom in our history. And what did you do with it? You squandered it.

You gave tax breaks to your cronies, the big developers, to make huge profits from ordinary people on shoddy apartments.

You missed the chance to bring our health system into the 20th century (not the 21st, the 20th). We still have a 3rd world health service, with people dying because of incompetence and mismanagement. You have condemned 12 year old girls to die of cervical cancer later in life rather than give them a vaccine that would prevent this ever happening.

You have promised the sun, moon and stars when it came to transport, then when things do not happen blame it on anyone and anything but yourself. All too quick to take the credit when something does get built though aren't you...

You have overseen the wealthy elite of this country (yes, including you) store their millions overseas in property without imposing any tax or penalties, while the rest of us struggle to pay 35-year mortgages on houses worth less than what we were forced to pay for them.

You gave yourselves huge pay increases, far in excess of what anyone else received, or what you deserved. You even held onto your old teaching job for what, 25 years? And let me guess, you pocketed the difference between your teaching salary and what it cost to hire a young teacher who cannot get a permanent post because you still have it eh?

You tried to penalise the old people of this country on their medical cards, a cheap stunt. You targeted the lowest paid public workers for more than their share towards cutting costs by imposing pay freezes and pension levies, while you still get your pay increase before the levy kicks in. And you still have the most generous pensions of all, awarded after only a few years service and claimed before retirement age.

These are only a few of the reasons I won't be voting for you, but let me promise you, if you do dare to ring my doorbell at any stage, there will be a warm welcome awaiting you, and I'm not talking about tea and biscuits.

As I don't want to post my details here, so if you do want to know what house to avoid, PM me and I'll be only too glad to be taken off your Christmas card list. You arrogant, ignorant, self-serving disgrace of a public representative. And that goes for all your party too.

/end rant, just had enough and wanted to vent...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well said.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think Frank is aware he's not the most popular kid on the block, he hasn't replied to my probing emails since 2006.
    Where are those 5,854 first preference votes (2007 election) coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Does he actually read this thread? Would a letter or horses head not be more effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

I think, from a purely Galway perspective, you'd have to add the Greens to the rant as well.

Gormless has now stopped any progress on the Galway Bypass pending his examination of it (God help us - he'll probably ban all lighting on it) and O'Brolchain is rejoicing because roads are the work of the Devil and he apparently wants us to live like the Amish ambling everywhere on our bikes in a Green Utopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

But there won't be demos
    there won't be riots

& most will get re-elected !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Can I second that to those FF in Wicklow.

Well done to Joe Behan for having following his own beliefs & stepping down over the Medical card issue. A principal himself ,as is his wife im glad he is not part of that farsical carnival now adament on savaging the very vulnerable children who need our help most.

Advertisement