Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes move to micro gaming, joke so far!

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

Surprise, surprise ...

Fed up with Boyle's and dodgy iPoker lately, I decided to go back to my old hunting ground. Laddies. When I heard they were joining micro gaming I was pleased, as when Boyle's were on that network I used to be able to actually win a game!

Their switch over was meant to go ahead at 2pm yesterday. Still no sign at 5pm, muct've been a while later when they finally got it moving. I'd rang earlier to find out exactly what time, which they couldn't answer, but did say "We want to ensure everything is running 100% before we go ahead" ...erm, ok, is that why today transfers from Sports to poker were impossible? So anyone, like me, who only deposits through a Ladbroke's shop, was screwed.

I deposited specifically today for the 10K Added- $10 Ladbrokes only 'Upgrade celebration' FO game. I rang twice today, and got told different times when transfers would be possible again. I e-mailed when those times passed, and then went onto live chat ... completely useless as ever. their customer support is diabolical. When I asked could I be put into the game because of the inconvenience I was cut off! LOL - I had explained that I specifically deposited to play that game in particular. They just don't 'care' - tough, if they mess up, you'll pay for it, pretty much.

I see dark times ahead for Ladbrokes after this move now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tipptop29

had much the same experience althou about poker aliases this time
    rang their support and was given no satisfaction

will be closing my account asap

poker rooms on network sites had better learn that theres no problem moving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Tournament lobby is a joke. Under "all" it only shows some of the tournaments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Unfortunately the money hungry poker sites and poker networks are careless during migrations. They rush through the job in order to get up and running as soon as possible to minimise the loss of revenue of not being online.

The sensible thing to do is be offline for 2-3 weeks to ensure all problems resolved before releasing customers to the mayhem. It is not for the customer's benefit that they rush to get them back online.
    A couple of days is not enough time for a migration that includes a reasonable and extensive testing of the new systems.

Greed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

bit freaked about this

all the good value tournaments seem to be replaced by big rebuy tournies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Loads of good value laddies only tournies there now. Looks as though most of the cash games are laddies only aswell tho. Havent decided if thats a good thing or not, had a huge db of microgaming players and theres plenty of fish but if it keeps the rb grinders and rakerracers out I suppose its a good thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement