Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Miniature Train

Options
  • 11-02-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all

I know you're thinking not another thread about miniature trains....

But does anyone have any photos of the miniature train that runs at Tramore Funfair round the boating lake (I think it does)?

I'm researching the type of locomotive and coaches which are at the railway, and anything would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Peter

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I dont have any handy but ill ask a few of the local photographers for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 peterbrynt

Sully,

Thanks very much, looking forward to seeing if they have anything.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Taken while in for service last week :D:D

train.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

peterbrynt wrote: »
    Sully,

Thanks very much, looking forward to seeing if they have anything.

Peter

No luck here sorry.

Sully - thanks for trying

Big Slick Power - I don't think thats it somehow

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Could you perhaps get a postcard of Tramore with a photo of the train on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

On a serious note i think i have a photo of it somewhere i rember takin a few snaps of the lil cousin on it ill try route it out

Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

did you ever find the picture of the Tramore train

Thanks for your replies. I haven't managed to trace a photo or postcard of the miniature train.

Any help with photos is still appreciated, if anyone has any?

Thanks

Well the arcade is opening soon so a picture could be taken then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

I got one or 2 at the weekend will post em when i get a chance

Thanks for the replies

Sully - Was in Waterford last week, but didn't think they were open, but now back home, so unable to visit unfornunately.

Shanemul - That's great, thanks. Really look forward to seeing the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

the engine of the tramore minature train is actually from a marl one ford cortina. if you don't believe me then just ask the driver;)

Aboyro,

Thanks. I believe you! All the Rios were built with the Ford engines so that they could easily be repaired by car mechanics.

Shanemul - do you still have the photos?

Thanks
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Not one of the engine I'm afraid but, heres one of the carriages and the station from last May.
    002.jpg

Hifive,

Thanks very much for that, am just as interested in the coaches as the locomotive.

The stock looks on good condition which I'm pleased to see.

If anyone else has photos or memories, please do post them.

Thanks
    Peter

I took a good few yesterday, will upload in a while!

Sully,

That's great, thanks very much.

Look forward to seeing them

Peter

First batch...

Second batch...

Third batch..

Final batch..

(yay for merge!)

Sully,

That's great, thanks very much for them. The locomotive and coaches look in pretty good condition, look like they've had a bit of work done on them as well recently.

Glad to see it's doing the job it was built for.

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Behold the only thing in all of tramore amusements I can actually go on!

I got a picture of myselg in the front seat too...good fun :)

They're good these miniature trains aren't they? ;)

Does anyone have any contact details for the person responsible for running and owning the train in particular at the fun park?

I've been told that the park is run by a variety of different people, and that it is maintained as a whole by one engineering company.

Thanks
    Peter

Advertisement