Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repo: The Genetic Opera

Options
  • 11-02-2009 8:01pm

After waiting years to see it tonight I finially get to sit down and watch Repo: The Genetic Opera. The film is based on the cult musical and looks to eb absolutly fantastic fun, maybe even our generations Rocky Horror.
    In the year 2056 - the not so distant future - an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants, for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family's mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Anthony Stewart Head! \o/

That looks amazing! I've never heard of that. I must discover it. NOW.

It is bloody brilliant. Watched the first half and loved it. Even Paris Hilton is good in it which really is something to behold. The DVD is out in March over here but you can pick it up on R1 DVD or acquire it through other means.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I saw this for the first time last week and Im undecided as to whether I like it or not. It was amazing, awful, creepy and somewhat ingenius all at once. I loved Sarah Brightman in it though.

I saw this for the first time last week and Im undecided as to whether I like it or not. It was amazing, awful, creepy and somewhat ingenius all at once. I loved Sarah Brightman in it though.

She is fantastic in it. It's one of those films which will grow on a lot of people. I know a number of people who have constantly called me a fag for my love of musicals but even they were swayed by the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Inso Maniac

repo was okay.....i wouldnt call it our generations rocky horror though...npthing can beat that so far....

the gothic concept was pretty kewl though.....
    i loved paris hilton in it and sarah brightman....alexis vega annoyed me sooo much though...><
    what i dont like much bout the film is the constant signing.....its an opera i suppose...cos musicals are those that tend to break into song randomly whereas this has singing dialogue.......
    i liked it at first but watch it twice and then three times and alreday you get bored with it.....
    zydrate anatomy and chase the morning where my fave songs though..!!^^

anyhoo if your keen on those gothic musical type things..i hear marylin manson directing a gothic musical cinderella.....wooper..!!XDD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

repo was okay.....i wouldnt call it our generations rocky horror though...npthing can beat that so far....

the gothic concept was pretty kewl though.....
    i loved paris hilton in it and sarah brightman....alexis vega annoyed me sooo much though...><

I'll give you the Alexis Vega thing. She was pretty annoying.
    what i dont like much bout the film is the constant signing.....its an opera i suppose...cos musicals are those that tend to break into song randomly whereas this has singing dialogue.......

I did find that difficult to get used to too, but I'm not a big fan of operas generally.

I think I'll have to watch it again to form a proper opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Why didn't I see this sooner? I LOVE Repo! Its easily the best dvd I own. Which isn't saying a lot, but it is amazing :D

I can't stand Alexis Vega's voice. It just grates on my ears and doesn't fit in with the other voices and the general mood of the film

I love the constant singing. I do prefer dialogue being sung. I don't like random breaking into song, it is so much better when it's all set to music. Does that make it an opera? Where does something go from being a musical to an opera?

Advertisement