Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Card Fraud - eirshop

Options
  • 11-02-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I checked up my 24 hour banking last thursday and there was a withdrawel of 420 euro by someone or something called 'eirshop' from my laser account, the next day the exact same amount was credited to my account by the same eirshop, then over the weekend two 30 euros was withdrawn from the same account by the name '02' even though im vodafone and have a bill fone.

Then yesterday 2 withdrawels from 'eirshop' again to the value of 420 euro and 560 euro and today they were credited again. I have contacted the bank and cancelled my card and notified the guards.

The guards checked into it and they say that there is a company called eirshop in ireland which just so happens to be vodafones online shop???? So i rang vodafone and they said they'd look into it and im waiting for them to get back to me, but the two 30 euro withdrawels no clues

I just wondering has anyone come across this lately and can anyone throw some light on it for me???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Complete speculation, but it sounds like someone has you card details and they are trying to use it on line to buy phones or credit, maybe they are stupid enough to top up their own phone with your card.

There is a delay on laser card transactions hitting you account, even internet banking so the trans could have even been over the weekend. I take it you have your card and you didn't lose it. The person with the details is probably trying it out on every site that will take a laser card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brooksie

Yeah my sister had the same thing this week. Her Bank of Ireland account was debited for €320 & €389 over the last 5 days by eirshop and she didn't know until the bank rang her and asked her about it.

They have frozen her account now until they get to the bottom of it.

Funnily enough, NoelDoran, they told her that eirshop were listed as a subsidiary of Vodafone while she is a Meteor customer. They must be using phone companies as a smokescreen so that people will ignore them on their bank statements.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Sounds like someone has your laser card details and has processed transactions at whomever owns eirshop.

We unfortunately get the same going on, people using stolen or cloned laser card details to make purchases on our site. When we see the dodgy transactions going through we cancel the transactions which with some banks can look like a charge and then refund but was actually a cancelled transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kdoher

Have you heard anything back from your bank about this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Loads of people I know had money stolen from using the Banking 365 ATM at the bottom of Grafton Street on the same side as Burger King- you didn't use that by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gevil

I had my home broken into on fri and noticed a transaction from Eirshop even after I cancelled my card, Autoglass was the other one so keep a look out for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I went to pay my rent on Thursday and noticed 5 different transactions on my online account that I definitely hadn't made. Two of these were 50 euro each for EIRSHOP, one was VESTA TOPUP for 50 euro, one was 74 euro in Iarnróid Éireann and the third was for 439.11 which reversed itself after a few days thankfully. The bank cancelled my card as soon as I called them. The couldn't have been more helpful to date ( I'm with BOI in Maynooth). They said the cash should be refunded pretty soon so fingers crossed. :)
    I'd really love to know where they got my details.... I did leave my wallet on the bar in a niteclub but it was behind the counter the following day when I called in with cash inside it untouched.... wonder of they could have gotten my info then....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread locked

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement