Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAKE AIM teams cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Dont ya love the trash talking before a game? :P

<3 the trash talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

BioHazRd wrote: »
    :eek: you mean you will be able to find 10 players - impressive

masadas at the ready :P

Did you not hear richie, they hired me in, to set a load of DTD's :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

A.O.N wrote: »
    We pick sound members which is why we didn't invite you!!!! Oh no he didn't!!!

oh I do believe he just did!! :eek::eek:

I dont even have a marker small enough to stick ur name on a bb.....

...I suppose il just have to get a pile of them with one letter on each and give em to ya that way so!! :p:D
    (and by give I do not mean gift wrapped)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

So who do you guys think is going to win the Cup?

Or you who do you think is going to be the first and second teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

It'll be very interesting.

As far as i know this is the first team event on this scale.

It's different "tearing it up" on a skirmish, but team against team.

It will be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Nemesis G.O.A

I was just wondering about the set up for sunday,toilets,battery charging,spare plug sockets,and more importantly,will there be enough pies,oven space and coffee for 100 odd players and friends?

Smack talk aside,can't wait,it's going to be massive,see you there.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

I have a couple of pellets just for you!:D

bring it! :D

this is going to be a seriously great day for everyone, looking forward to it:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭A.O.N

johnboyire wrote: »
    bring it! :D

this is going to be a seriously great day for everyone, looking forward to it:D:)

I'll probably be enjoying the smack talk more than I enjoy the game!

Ah sure its all iin good fun, Kiwi just got a lend of Tony's vsr g-spec and I just got a lend of his 249 untill my "M60" (harps play and angels fly by) gets in!

Our team's camo has just been delivered so we are ready to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭VIPERSQUAD-Andy

the last fight of the day will be good!ATF vs VIPERS!!;}

the last fight of the day will be good!ATF vs VIPERS!!;}

OOH Cocky are we?

We will see!

• Advertisement

I'll probably be enjoying the smack talk more than I enjoy the game!

Ah sure its all iin good fun, Kiwi just got a lend of Tony's vsr g-spec and I just got a lend of his 249 untill my "M60" (harps play and angels fly by) gets in!

Our team's camo has just been delivered so we are ready to go!

I guess after that shot I put between Kiwis eyes as he hid behind a hostage he wants to see what it's like on the other side of the scope :D

And as for the 249 and M60,well I guess in the absence of any outdoor talent ............... Just spray and pray ;)

Is that camo the stuff with the brown trousers? :eek:

I'm so dead aren't I! :P

I guess after that shot I put between Kiwis eyes as he hid behind a hostage he wants to see what it's like on the other side of the scope :D

And as for the 249 and M60,well I guess in the absence of any outdoor talent ............... Just spray and pray ;)

Is that camo the stuff with the brown trousers? :eek:

I'm so dead aren't I! :P

Don't forget what happened after that Danny boy!

Dude don't give us crap about our camo because you have bladder problems.

My aim is ok dude, I want the M60 so once I shoot you and you scream hit I can make you bleed! Mwah ha ha ha.

No worries dude, I'll just have to embaress you the next time I have you in The Warehouse!

Much love!!

OOH Cocky are we?

We will see!
    you know we can back it up:cool:
    i heard vipersquads already on the trophy as the winners:D..
    we will slaughter all in our path!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just remembered that this event will require full face protection unless anything has changed

Rathbeggan is a full face only site, unless again, something has been agreed for this site.

I dont know bout anyone else, but thats, although a mute point, a seriously big problem for some people. Myself for example, absolutely ****ing hate full face and cant play properly with one. Also, I dont own one, which throws me into a serious heap of bother.

Can we get some confirmation on this, personally think requiring full face outdoors is a tad much, but if its required by the site thats fair enough I guess it promotes safety which is the main thing.

But me for example, ( like many other si assume) will not have full face, nor have it at my disposle.

Does that mean I cannot play or whats the story? I know theres about 15 people in the same boat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

I dont know bout anyone else, but thats, although a mute point, a seriously big problem for some people. Myself for example, absolutely ****ing hate full face and cant play properly with one. Also, I dont own one, which throws me into a serious heap of bother.

Ahhhhh yes... and so the excuses start flowing in... its ok doc, we wont judge you and hold your day of defeat against you for months to come or anything like that at all....:P

Also what with ghosts being there we'll be on top of you faster than a $5 hooker, so a face mask would be advisable...as similarly to mentioned the $5 hooker, it will not be a good experience for ya! ;):P

but seriously if it bothers u that much couldn't you try take a mask, take the mesh out and just wear glasses underneath for your eyes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

yes the site is full face protection but you can wear glasses and a bally or scarf hope this DOC ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

As far as I know a shemag or balaclava will suffice. It is on a thread some where, I either mislaid it or it is my other jacket:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

yeah work eye protection and shemagh last time i was there and it was fine. will there be enough bottles of bb's to go round or do i need to have one reserved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭A.I.M

im not sure if there's bb's for sale on site might not be a bad idea to pop into your local retailer tomorrow and pick up a bottle or two

well if your on the hawks you wont need that many LOL:D
    sorry hawks had to jump in on the banter lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Just remembered that this event will require full face protection unless anything has changed

Rathbeggan is a full face only site, unless again, something has been agreed for this site.

Can we get some confirmation on this, personally think requiring full face outdoors is a tad much, but if its required by the site thats fair enough I guess it promotes safety which is the main thing.

But me for example, ( like many other si assume) will not have full face, nor have it at my disposle.

Does that mean I cannot play or whats the story? I know theres about 15 people in the same boat...

The site sells face masks there and yes it is required. Part of the insurance you cant play if your face is visible. :p

• Advertisement

scarf it is then.

Dammit I knew i should have bought that multicam scarf :D

Leeds scarf it is then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

A.I.M wrote: »
    l

Of course we won't - one shot, one kill :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭ravey

Hey up Chaps,
    As we approach the time for the mother of all combat competitions i just want to clear up the Full Face Issue.
    I DONT WANNA SEE YOUR TEETH!
    You dont need a full mask, although they are highly recommended, in fact its a bit like the hurling helmets issue! The hardy men dont need one.........till they get a serious schelp and end up in beaumont and yet the juniors all have to wear em, hopefully engendering their use in later generations.
    Back to the point, scarf, shemagh, balaclava, super high collar, neoprene comforter, bike helmet liner, or indeed full face mask will all pass muster.
    Anyway, we all know it makes sense to protect your teeth, personally ive had mine for nearly 48 years now and have become quite attached to them, id hate to lose one or two for the sake of a scarf!

Apparently we are expecting a good few tomorrow Saturday, scouts perhaps but welcome nonetheless. And then its AIM CUP SUNDAY!

Lets make this a seriously good showcase for Irish Airsoft in general, lets play well, lets play safely and above all, lets play with honour. Take your hits, call marshalls rather than lettin off a string of double effs, and play to win.
    The very best to all competitors and to AIM magazine, we are delighted to be able to host this comp and look forward to a magnificent days sport.

Yours in the line of fire.....

Wing Commander Ravey Mc Beggan :)

Now Doc,last time I checked,you work in an airsoft shop,how do you not have access to a full face mask?Leeds?well could be worse,'leaste it's not Man U....... :D
    scarf it is then.

Dammit I knew i should have bought that multicam scarf :D

Leeds scarf it is then :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭mafiaboy

Dar are you the same guy that i played my frist game in the night game in hrta we where in the black ops...

Just remembered the ninja mask thing, pick one of them up in the morning, hope to god it doesnt cause fogging haha :D

Man U are my Pleague team, odd isnt it, leeds fan who likes united

What can i say, I love Berbagoal

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

mafiaboy wrote: »
    Dar are you the same guy that i played my frist game in the night game in hrta we where in the black ops...

Yup thats me

is there a spectating area on site??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

A.I.M wrote: »
    im not sure if there's bb's for sale on site might not be a bad idea to pop into your local retailer tomorrow and pick up a bottle or two

sorry hawks had to jump in on the banter lol

Thats quite all right. We prefer the one-shot-one-kill mentality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

is there a spectating area on site??

there is. The you can see the entire site from the safe zone :D

Advertisement