Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 changed their top up number

• 11-02-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

from 444 to 1744

I'm surprised calling 444 doesn't automatically opt you into their new and more expensive tariff now :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

towel401 wrote: »
    from 444 to 1744

I'm surprised calling 444 doesn't automatically opt you into their new and more expensive tariff now :)

Why would it opt you into the new 3pay plan, its only a new number for topping up nothing sinister about it. Customer care has also changed from 333 to 1913 and is now free from landlines and other mobiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Walkman wrote: »
    Why would it opt you into the new 3pay plan, its only a new number for topping up nothing sinister about it. Customer care has also changed from 333 to 1913 and is now free from landlines and other mobiles.

I believe it's a very clever reference to 3 putting the first option on their automated menu to 'to opt in to our crazy plan press 1' instead of 'to do something you actually called for press 1'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

now that's a step in the right direction. do you know if you'll be able to call it from abroad for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

For the uninformed, why is 3pay a crazy price plan? 3c texts and 30c / min seems pretty good to me, compared for example to Meteor Anytime International (9c texts and 29c/min) and also beats the hell out of O2 & Vodafone PAYG, for lower usage customers anyway.:confused:

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    (9c texts and 29c/min)

one thing would be that no one actually spends 9c on all their texts on any networks. they all have offers for either cheaper calls or texts

• Advertisement

Why don't they just use 1741 like everyone else?

Karsini wrote: »

if you're going to start asking why you'll never stop :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Karsini wrote: »

that's a very good question...:pac:

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    one thing would be that no one actually spends 9c on all their texts on any networks. they all have offers for either cheaper calls or texts

Well on Meteor you can buy one bundle of 150 texts for €7.50 every month, a rate of 5c each. But anything above that is at 9c.

To get all free texts on any of the networks you have to spend €20 a month. But if all you do is text, you're putting €20 a month on, getting free texts and spending little or nothing. So that's a bit of a waste.

So again - what's so bad about 3pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

the 3c texts will expire soon. its only an introductory offer to hoik people in.

landline calls and picture messages are more expensive

• Advertisement

the 3c texts will expire soon. its only an introductory offer to hoik people in.

Ok, that's something concrete that's not visible on the website. If I sign up now, do my 3c texts expire after a certain time (when?) or is it just that they won't signing people up to that plan any more?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Was this some comreg thing?

Think I remember comreg giving out that they were using unsanctioned numbers or something..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Well on Meteor you can buy one bundle of 150 texts for €7.50 every month, a rate of 5c each. But anything above that is at 9c.

To get all free texts on any of the networks you have to spend €20 a month. But if all you do is text, you're putting €20 a month on, getting free texts and spending little or nothing. So that's a bit of a waste.

You don't have to spend €20 a month, just top up by that amount. You can then blow your built up credit on crazy frog ring tones.

Also, see the sig.

long_b wrote: »
    You don't have to spend €20 a month, just top up by that amount. You can then blow your built up credit on crazy frog ring tones.

I almost never use webtext. The savings by having them the odd time I'd use them would be outweighed by having 3c texts.

And I don't do crazy frog ring tones. "To the bright and shining sun" is the only ring tone I'll ever need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Ok, that's something concrete that's not visible on the website. If I sign up now, do my 3c texts expire after a certain time (when?) or is it just that they won't signing people up to that plan any more?

cant remember the exact date but i think its sometime in april. i think they'll continue to have the plan but bum up the price of texts, or they'll be nice and not bum them up or keep extending the offer

Source please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I remember it's in the terms and conditions on the three website. There's another thread about it from when they introduced it.

In fairness I've just found the following:
    3Pay Promotion – 3c Text Messages terms & conditions
    The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to 3’s 3Pay price plan (the “Plan”) and are in addition to and form part of the terms of the 3 Services that are contained in the Small Print (provided with your SIM card and also available at www.three.ie). In the event of any conflict these Terms shall prevail.

1. The 3c text messages promotion is only available to customers signed up to 3’s 3Pay price plan.
    2. This promotion commences on 1st December 2008 and will end on 28th February 2009 (the “specified timeframe”)
    3. The bundle of 3c text messages provided as part of this promotion are only available to be used within the specified timeframe and any remaining unused texts will not carry over after the specified timeframe.
    4. Once the specified timeframe has expired, the cost of any further text messages will revert to the customer’s standard 3Pay text rate available at http://www.three.ie/pdf/2008_07_PM_Relax.pdf
    5. Customers may use the bundle of 3c text messages to send messages to other 3 Ireland numbers, other Republic of Ireland (“ROI”) mobile numbers and ROI mobile numbers from a 3 partner network while Roaming. This promotional rate does not apply to sending video, multimedia, international, value added or premium rate messages or to sending messages while Roaming on a non-3 partner network.
    6. Fair usage policy applies. You will be contacted by 3 if your usage exceeds our Fair usage policy. 3 reserves the right to charge the standard non-promotional rate to customers who persist in using the service where such usage has been deemed excessive.
    7. 3 reserves the right to extend, vary or to withdraw this promotion at any time for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.

Good find, looks like it could end on the 28th, I doubt it but it might...

Phone shop told me otherwise (i.e. it won't change) but then they were trying to get me to connect up... never trust a salesman!

• Advertisement

Phone shop told me otherwise but then they were trying to get me to connect up... never trust a salesman!

3 cent text is ok but if you opt into the feast on talk and text it works out at 1cent a text with 200 free any network minutes for the weekend...

p.s
    don't trust me, i'm a salesman...;)

don't trust me, i'm a salesman...;)

Ah but you're not trying to sell me anything - that's free info! :D

Like I said above, I'm a light enough user - 30 mins & 180 texts / month. No way I'd justify the bundles.

how about swing both ways, €25pm, 100 minutes to any network, 100 minutes to any 3 number and free texts to all networks...

sorry had to get the pitch in, but it is a good offer:)

Tis but I think my usage would be better on either 3pay or Relax 90. Nice try.;)

Tis but I think my usage would be better on either 3pay or Relax 90. Nice try.;)

ooh i'd have to recommend Relax 90..

but don't believe the salesman....;)

Good find, looks like it could end on the 28th, I doubt it but it might...

It has already been extended until June 30th. To be honest it is one me the best promotions around at the moment. The 3c offer is with no minimum top up and once you top up by ?10 per month 3 give you ?10, you also get ?5 on the sim both of which are more than any other networks offering (totals ?120 free credit with any 3pay phone, ?5 for porting too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Was this some comreg thing?

Think I remember comreg giving out that they were using unsanctioned numbers or something..

Yes, in november comreg published this

http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/ComReg0886.pdf

Notification to Hutchison 3G Ireland Limited of non-compliance regarding use of number which has not been allocated to it.

They had 6 months

It has already been extended until June 30th. To be honest it is one me the best promotions around at the moment. The 3c offer is with no minimum top up and once you top up by ?10 per month 3 give you ?10, you also get ?5 on the sim both of which are more than any other networks offering (totals ?120 free credit with any 3pay phone, ?5 for porting too)

Correct - I spoke to a very helpful lady in 3 today and she confirmed the 3c texts will run till end of June at least.

Correct - I spoke to a very helpful lady in 3 today and she confirmed the 3c texts will run till end of June at least.

I would imagine (and im only guessing here) that the promotion will be extended when that date is reached.

• Advertisement

Well on Meteor you can buy one bundle of 150 texts for 7.50 every month, a rate of 5c each. But anything above that is at 9c.

To get all free texts on any of the networks you have to spend 20 a month. But if all you do is text, you're putting 20 a month on, getting free texts and spending little or nothing. So that's a bit of a waste.

20 euro is 666 texts at 3c per text. On meteor you can send 5000 texts AND make 20 euro worth of calls for the money

I didn't say say there was anything particularly wrong with 3pay, i was just saying that to say meteor has 9c texts ignores all the offers that stop it being 9c

Advertisement