Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greates moment in Bowling

Options
  • 11-02-2009 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Although I've not acheived alot of the high acheivements in tenpin bowling however I have sexperienced some great sporting moments especially in matchplay.

The greates bowling moments I've ever been involved in are matches that I have all lost! There are 4 classic enounters over the past 12 years that will always stick out in my mind forever:

My first ever junior matchplay when I bowled my first ever 600 series over 3 and lost the match on the 9th frame by 14 pins. It was against Martin Cahill and the whole centre of Palmerstown witnessed it.

Again in the matchplay and in my final ever match in a junior matchplay, when I almost made a famous comeback but lost out to Brian Kennedy by just 3 pins after been nearly 100 pins behind going into the last game.

In 2007, the night my 11 week unbeaten run was brought to an end by Stephen Lynch. I shot an 819 scratch over 4 and he shot an 870. That will just tell ya the standard I was up against and the standard I was setting.

More recently, in the wednesday singles, against Gareth Shannon - gs300 I shot an 829 scratch over 4 to lose the match by just 1 pin. What a match that was.

These were all great moments even though I lost them and I tend to be a bowler that brings out the best in other bowlers!

So come on people surely soembody can share their great moment whatever it is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Welcome StokesCity! Good to have you onboard :) I think our paths may have crossed in the past but towards the end of my first bowling phase in 1992-1993.

My best moments in bowling? When I got the letter inviting me to play in the Irish Junior Masters in 1991 or 1992, can't remember exactly which year, just the great feeling to being invited to an invite only tournament :)

Second was my high score of 265 during practice at XL Bowl, I 9-spared the first frame, bagged 6 strikes, got a 7 spare and then 3 strikes. Awesome feeling. I had a huge crowd around me at the end of the game, all of whom were sure that my next practice game would be a 300...only to fluff it with a gutter ball on the first frame :D

After that, working during the summer holidays as a lane maintenance and mechanic monkey with Noel and Conor was fantastic. I loved that job, it taught me a lot about the game.

The next thing that thought me a lot was playing for the XL Bowl junior house team. John Lynch gave us loads of training and we travelled a lot bowling against other house teams :)

Great times, only back in the game 2 weeks now and remembering exactly why I loved it the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

I have to say bowling has been good to me over the years.

The first one i would say is winning the leinster jnr open and nationals.

next would be the match against stokescity it has to be the best match i have ever played.

Making the IRELAND team for 4 events and winning 7 medals. the buzz you get when you walk in to the center wih IRELAND n your back and the people cheering it is amazing.

The next is getting my 300 in galway in the very first game of the whole comp.

and last would be winning the Angela Horn award for Jnr Sports Person of the year 2008.

when i consider everything i would have to say the honour of playing with some of Ireland best past,present and future it has been a pleasure and i hope to have many more in the sport.

Advertisement