Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britney Spears

Options
  • 11-02-2009 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

A startling musician of epic proportions. Raw talent, engaging nasal vocals, unique style, intricate knowled of dance choreography, undeniable charisma and a top notch production team make britney Spears one of life's most powerful icons in the industry. Can we have three cheers for Britney guts?

Best Album; Blackout (The Ooops album comes close.)

Worst Album: Circus (A dreary album which gets second priority to her image overhaul.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Musician?....pray tell what instrument(s) does she play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Jaino

You don't have to play an instrument to be classified as a musician. Singers are musicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Musician?....pray tell what instrument(s) does she play?

She plays the auto-tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Jaino wrote: »
    You don't have to play an instrument to be classified as a musician. Singers are musicians.
    Does it really matter??? It's Britney Spears FFS!

Jaino wrote: »

Musician = PLAYS music on an INSTRUMENT
    Singer = SINGS song with VOICE

Can't make it any easier for you now can I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

It's Britney baby :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Musician = PLAYS music on an INSTRUMENT
    Singer = SINGS song with VOICE

Can't make it any easier for you now can I?

I hate to get in the way of a bit of Britney-bashing, but a singer would be considered a musician. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musician ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

A startling musician of epic proportions. Raw talent, engaging nasal vocals, unique style, intricate knowled of dance choreography, undeniable charisma and a top notch production team make britney Spears one of life's most powerful icons in the industry. Can we have three cheers for Britney guts?

Best Album: Blackout (The Ooops album comes close.)

Worst Album: Circus (A dreary album which gets second priority to her image overhaul.)

I totally agree with the best album being Blackout, It's a shame that she couldn't continue with the campaign as there was at least 3 more singles that could have been released!!

Godamn you wikipedia, you've twisted my arm.....
    Apologies to Britney, she's right up there with Jimi Hendrix in the musician stakes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I wouldn't say musician as such but there is no denying she has brought out some very very good pop music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I would say she's more of a "recording artist" than she is a "musician"
    Trust me, there is a difference. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A startling musician of epic proportions.
    :confused: That could perhaps be applied to Jimmy Page... but Britney?
    engaging nasal vocals
    Surely that's an oxymoron?
    unique style
    Oh, the whole taking her clothes off on demand thing? Nah, Madonna was doing that for years.
    a top notch production team
    That be the key...

She's a good dancer and performer - that's about it. The rest of it is her production team and those who write the songs. Some very good pop songs in that repertoire though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Miranda_McCool

Singers still count as musicians. PLUS, she plays the piano. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Singers still count as musicians. PLUS, she plays the piano. :rolleyes:

In the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Born to make you happy = Great song

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Britney is class. She is much more interested in the dancing than the singing however, and her latest attempts at performing live have been pathetic.

She can sing and I like some of her music, but judging form the Sky One show, she is much more into the dancing than the singing. When she was in the record studio it seemed like she was not too interested, it was get in and get out, while the producers didn't seem to care. They knew all she had to do was say the words and they could take care of the rest.

When she was doing the dance routines she was much more interested.

She makes music so she can dance to it!

When she was in the record studio it seemed like she was not too interested, it was get in and get out, while the producers didn't seem to care. They knew all she had to do was say the words and they could take care of the rest

Again, the difference between a musician and a recording artist, and why Britney is not a musician. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Again, the difference between a musician and a recording artist, and why Britney is not a musician. :)
    +1
    i for one have never seen her play anything (instrument wise)
    if you sing your a singer
    if you play your a musician

One of my mates goes up for a karaoke song now and then. Hes not to bad either. But is he a musician?? no way

Shes not someone who sings in the shower for a living. She has written some songs including the number one hit Evertime, she has played the piano LIVE at concerts and is a great singer/songwriter/performer. Overall, I say this qualifies as being a musician...of course you dont know this, seeing as you have not been to her concerts and probably arent even a fan.

:) Heres a clip of her im rather fond of:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSx0qGc128g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Heated debate on whether Britney Spears is worthy of the title of "musician".

Typical.

I hate you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

OP best be trolling. Cos it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

who cares? it's britney spears!!!! you can't call her anything cos she's britney spears!

anyway my opinion is that she's a robot

who cares? it's britney spears!!!! you can't call her anything cos she's britney spears!

anyway my opinion is that she's a robot

Too fat.

Shes not someone who sings in the shower for a living. She has written some songs including the number one hit Evertime, she has played the piano LIVE at concerts and is a great singer/songwriter/performer. Overall, I say this qualifies as being a musician...of course you dont know this, seeing as you have not been to her concerts and probably arent even a fan.

Wrong!! :D
    She wrote the ten seconds of piano for that song, which is all it is, five seconds of it repeated, and then same repeated again in a lower key. Or have you even listened to the song.

Annette Stamatelatos wrote the majority of that song, with Ms Spears getting a writing credit for the piano sequence. In fact, most of the songs on that album are Co-written, so christ only knows how much (or how little) she actually wrote on the album.

But i'm not a fan, therefore i don't let the little things cloud my judgment. :) But for the ten seconds of piano, yeah, that qualifies her as a top class "musician"

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

of course you dont know this, seeing as you have not been to her concerts and probably arent even a fan.

They clearly aren't fans when they are not defending her like yourself. I hate Britney more than the next person. She is heavily over-rated and undeserving of the credit she recieves.

Wrong!! :D
    She wrote the ten seconds of piano for that song, which is all it is, five seconds of it repeated, and then same repeated again in a lower key. Or have you even listened to the song.

Annette Stamatelatos wrote the majority of that song, with Ms Spears getting a writing credit for the piano sequence. In fact, most of the songs on that album are Co-written, so christ only knows how much (or how little) she actually wrote on the album.

But i'm not a fan, therefore i don't let the little things cloud my judgment. :) But for the ten seconds of piano, yeah, that qualifies her as a top class "musician"

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :)

Wow, so she had a little help writing the songs...so what! What melodies has your silly face ever produced? Not much I suppose...

well, why dont you listen to the promiscuous fountain of conceit known as Christina Aguilera? From what ive seen from your personality, her charring music is more than a match for you. i see it now; crumpled up in a corner, your ears bound together by pink headphones blaring pretentious music through your gaping brain. So while you are there, relegated to the background forevermore, us britney fans will enjoy our fame and brilliance, while remaining modest and civilised. Enjoy your solitude, snob. :)

They clearly aren't fans when they are not defending her like yourself. I hate Britney more than the next person. She is heavily over-rated and undeserving of the credit she recieves.

Tut, tut. Why dont you produce an album and have a mental breakdown, pop out two kids and have your heart ripped open in fron of the vicious eyes of millions? What....you havent done that? Whats this? You're a relatively unknown person from Galway? Away with you, get back into the fields. And w hile you are there, dont get jealous now........LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Wow, so she had a little help writing the songs...so what! What melodies has your silly face ever produced? Not much I suppose...

well, why dont you listen to the promiscuous fountain of conceit known as Christina Aguilera? From what ive seen from your personality, her charring music is more than a match for you. i see it now; crumpled up in a corner, your ears bound together by pink headphones blaring pretentious music through your gaping brain. So while you are there, relegated to the background forevermore, us britney fans will enjoy our fame and brilliance, while remaining modest and civilised. Enjoy your solitude, snob. :)

LOL Strong words!! Well, i'd say christina aguilera has some real talent over britney tbh. That much was always clear.

• Advertisement

Rofl. Better than average troll, 6.5/10 Either that or ridiculous excuse for a sentient lifeform, 0.7/10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement