Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

excel + macro warning, how do i get rid?

• 11-02-2009 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I get the following when loading an excel file.

If I go to tools > macros > macros then there is nothing listed there.

There were macros previously but I'm pretty sure they're deleted.

How do I double check there's no macros? How do I stop getting this error every time I open the file? I don't want to reduce the security level in excel as this problem appears file specific.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Random wrote: »
    I get the following when loading an excel file.

If I go to tools > macros > macros then there is nothing listed there.

There were macros previously but I'm pretty sure they're deleted.

How do I double check there's no macros? How do I stop getting this error every time I open the file? I don't want to reduce the security level in excel as this problem appears file specific.

Thanks

You won't be able to see the Macros unless you enable them.

Download OpenOffice
    Open file
    save as in Excel format
    Re-open in Excel and see if Macro gone.

Indeed macros are a sign some should have used a different application or is hazy on spreadsheets. I've never needed to put them in and been doing Spreadsheets a LONG time.

A possible infection vector from spreadsheets from others.
    Does the spreadsheet work with macros disabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the spreadsheet works fine whether i enable macros on loading or not.

I can't see macros listed whether i enable or not on load which is what's confusing me.

I don't have access to open office at the moment for various reasons so that's not much of an option. Will try as soon as possible though.

The mention of macros is not malicious as i definitly added one before trying to do stuff but quickly gave up on the idea as not needed.

Advertisement