Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Patch on Jack Russell's nose

Options
  • 11-02-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

My 6 yr old Jack Russell has developed a red patch on his nose between his upper lip and the bottom of his nostril opening. It looks raw / angry, but isnt discharging and doesnt appear to be itchy.

Before anyone cracks the obvious joke, I doubt that it is shaving rash.

He's a hunter and a lively terrier and has access to open / forrest space and its not always clear to me what he has been rummaging in.

It doesnt appear to be sore/sensitive, he doesnt seem off form. It covers an area of about a 10 cent coin (though not a perfect circle). Doesnt appear to be growing any larger. Should I be worried about it?

Thanks
    Muppet Man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Eadaoin_

well if he is anything like my jack russel he is in to everything and anything! It doesnt sound serious to me but just to make sure i would bring him to the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would take him to the vet. A consultation fee is not a lot to ensure the dog's well being & your peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Too True, thanks. Will do. He's due his shots anyway.

Advertisement