Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixing Concrete

Options
  • 11-02-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I'm going to be mixing a foundation for a garage in the next few days and I'm just wondering if there's much to mixing the concrete, is it more or less 4 or 5 part gravel to 1 part cement?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

What size is the garage gonna be? hope you have a cement mixer or else you'll have a sore back! :P

For foundations you'd want 1:6 or 1:7, 1 part cement to 6/7 part all in aggregate.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

It's 4.7 x 4.7, theres about 3.5 metres cubed in it, yeah, i've got a full size Belle mixer, so that should be up to it, i hope to get it done in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

rgugliel wrote: »
    It's 4.7 x 4.7, theres about 3.5 metres cubed in it, yeah, i've got a full size Belle mixer, so that should be up to it, i hope to get it done in the day

3.5m, thats a fair bit of mixing to do! :p I got 1 metre poured yesterday for a shed floor, so bloody handy, just get the truck as close as possible and pour it in. Cost me €150, but I suppose it's worth it when you think of all the manual work I would have had to do with hauling, mixing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I think your right there, was up in roadstone today and I'll need 7.9 ton of gravel and about a ton of cement. O and all that's to be barrowed through the house, plus that will cost €380 for the gravel and cement or can get the ready mix and pump for €590, I think I'll get it poured and save my back!! but I'll still be doing the floor by hand, not as much in that tho

Advertisement