Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLOODY IDIOTS!!!!!

Options
  • 11-02-2009 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

http://www.galwaynews.ie/6478-two-arrested-taxis-block-fire-brigade

A NUMBER of taxis that were illegally parked in the Dominick Street area of city centre over the weekend refused to move out of the way of emergency services vehicles that were responding to an emergency call-out, according to Galway Gardaí.

On Friday night, the Galway Fire Brigade responded to a call-out but was held-up at Dominick Street by taxis that were double parked along the road.

Despite sounding the sirens and flashing lights, the taxi drivers did not co-operate with the emergency services and they were delayed in getting to their destination.

Superintendent Tom Curley said obstructing the emergency services in the course of their duty is a serious matter that will not be tolerated.

“The Fire Brigade were trying to get down by Dominick Street and wasn’t able to get through because taxis were double parked. They (taxis) didn’t co-operate with the emergency services and...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

BLOODY IDIOTS, that could have been a life or death incident, words cant describe my anger towards them, the Fire Service and all other Emergency Services are there so that hopefully we wont ever need them but in case we do it's nice to know they are there to answer our call, they have my highest respect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

It's in situations like this that this country is just too soft.

My wife lived in Germany for a while. A car was parked illegally (a rare occurence) and the Fire Brigade personnel didn't hesitate to break its windows so they could get their hose through to the hydrant.

It's a pity those taxi drivers weren't arrested. Surely their PSV licences should be revoked for that carry on. Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Fu*king idiots! The fire-brigades should have smashed through the taxis and the drivers should have their PSV licences revoked.

disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭LowOdour

You just know that if it was anybody else, the taxi drivers would be the first damn them to their cusomers in the back seat.

They should have the book thrown at them tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭SouthKerry

Jeez i wonder what nationality these taxi drivers were, i would be very very surpised if they were Irish taxi drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

That really is disgusting behaviour :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Jeez i wonder what nationality these taxi drivers were, i would be very very surpised if they were Irish taxi drivers.

Ha, it only took six posts.

Damn ferrigners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Steyr wrote: »
    BLOODY IDIOTS, that could have been a life or death incident, words cant describe my anger towards them, the Fire Service and all other Emergency Services are there so that hopefully we wont ever need them but in case we do it's nice to know they are there to answer our call, they have my highest respect.

+1

Couldn't agree more with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

There was a fire in my apartment block on Friday, I wonder was it en route to that? It was pretty serious, that one apartment is ruined and there were folks in it as far as I know...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

churchview wrote: »
    It's a pity those taxi drivers weren't arrested. Surely their PSV licences should be revoked for that carry on. Sickening.

The Title of the story is "Two arrested as taxis block Fire Brigade"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

SouthKerry wrote: »
    Yeah, Brits out! That's the spirit Kerry boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Its sickening for all thosse driver knew they fire crew where on there way to an accident to cut someone out of a car which could very easily been a taxi driver or one of their family members.

Honestly what ever about their stupid parking normally this is just bang out of order. The drivers involved should never be allowed drive a taxi again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd say more names and numbers were taken when those 2 got arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This happens because double parking is allowed to go on.

If they were fined/towed away in the first place,this wouldn't have happened.

As usual the cops couldn't be arsed to enforce the laws.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

This happens because double parking is allowed to go on.

If they were fined/towed away in the first place,this wouldn't have happened.

As usual the cops couldn't be arsed to enforce the laws.

Its not even that. Even if they are getting away with double/stupid/illegal parking you would think they would move for the emergency services. Thick taxi drivers thinking they can get away with what they like and that they own the roads.

Maybe this is a way of reducing taxi numbers in town, revoke the PSV of any one found parking illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭GunScope

As a driver in the City, it is sickening to get caught up in "a line of traffic" only to realise a couple of seconds later that its actually a row of double parked Taxi's .... along with Dominick Street, the bottom corner of Eyre Square outside Garvey's Bar is another example.

I would hope they are made an example of, to block other motorists is one thing, but to block Emergency Services ... thats just the height of selfishness and greed.
    Steyr wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I for one, would welcome the introduction of reinforced "ramming" grilles to the front of fire trucks.

You don't want to move your damn car? WHAM. We'll see if that'll change peoples' attitudes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Let me hear your call: zero tolerance for illegal parking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Fu*king idiots! The fire-brigades should have smashed through the taxis and the drivers should have their PSV licences revoked.
    Xiney wrote: »
    I for one, would welcome the introduction of reinforced "ramming" grilles to the front of fire trucks.

You don't want to move your damn car? WHAM. We'll see if that'll change peoples' attitudes.

The issue with ramming a car* is that it's going to move. Into other cars.
    There are footpaths either side. People seem to like walking on them, you know, out of the way of cars.

Fine / driving ban should definitely be applied; damage, injury or loss of life as a result of impeding The Emergency Services should be taken into account, and of course the usual driving offences e.g. show courtesy and have consideration for other road users.

It's a sad reflection on the state of public transport in the city, if not the county.

* (handbrake? could be jarred by the impact. wheels slide on wet street)

Epic taxi fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

Sick to death of taxis parked up on footpath on Bridge Street, backed right up over the bridge too! Last straw was yesterday watching lady attempt to push wheelchair bound girl along taxi obstructed footpath! Selfish pricks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

The Title of the story is "Two arrested as taxis block Fire Brigade"...

That's a bit misleading. I read that story in the Sentinel (the full version). The two arrests were a separate incident that was referred to at the end of the story. There were no arrests over fire brigade incident.

I agree, they should lose their PSV and driving licences for that kind of carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

AND WHAT WILL BE DONE TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN????

F U C K ALL!!!! AS IS THE NORM IN THIS ****ING CITY!

TBH the taxi drivers really do seem to get away with murder. They park down by Fibbers and block traffic there regularly, especially when one of the cheeky ones parks right on the pedestrian crossing at the top of Eyre Square.

Advertisement